Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: no vets open,i thinkmy dog been poisoned

  1. #1

    no vets open,i thinkmy dog been poisoned

    i was playing with my dog late last the morning he was still ok,this afternoon he aproached me,he was weak like he couldnt hold himself up,hes alert but stumbling,he also has an appetite,hes not foaming out the mouth or anything,and i see no injuries,i just hope he makes it through the night hes weaker now,he cant stand up at all,hes a five year old rott weighs about105 pounds,i noticed two days ago he was eating a little grass.any advise on what i can do will be still looking for a 24 hr vet,no luck.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I don't think grass could do that to him. It must be something else. Do you know your dog's vet's phone number?? If you do, call him right away!! He can tell you what to do, or maybe even come to look at your dog. If he can't stand up it's urgent.

    Please give him hugs for me. Please get better boy!! {{{HUGS}}}


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Do you or a neighbor have any posionous plants in their yard he could have chewed on??


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hmm.. I don't know. Sometimes dogs eat grass to settle their stomachs or make themselves throw up. I would suggest just keeping him hydrated and keep looking for a vet..
    Riley's Dogster page

    Thanks Ashely!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Keep him hydrated and find an emergency vet. Don't try to give him something to make him throw up because you don't know what he got into. Did you notice if he picked up anything on the ground outside and ate it?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

    Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

  6. #6
    What color are his gums? Are they pale? This sounds similar to what I went through with my dog. She was very anemic. We still don't know what caused it and she's better. Have you tried finding an emergency vet? I don't think I'd wait till morning.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Upstate NY
    Hows he doing today?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Any news?


Similar Threads

  1. Think my cat may have been poisoned
    By andalucian sunshine in forum Cat Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
  2. my dog was poisoned :(
    By mrsmagoo in forum Dog Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
  4. 18 cats poisoned
    By Whisk_Luva in forum Dog House
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 09:45 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the