Thread: I finally have a diagnosis~!

I finally have a diagnosis~!

After a lot of testing, and more blood tests than I care to count... I finally have a diagnosis! I have Poly Cystic Fibrosis. Which means I have a lot of benign cysts in my ovaries. Good thing I never wanted to have a baby as it makes having one much harder!

It explains so much - I did a little reading on it last night. My wacky cycle, my excess facial hair, my inability to lose weight regardless what/how I eat, my high cholesterol & high blood pressure... all classic symptoms! And I'm not alone, 1 in 10 women have it! Which amazes me since it took so long to diagnose.

I still have to go back for one more test, as the medicine they want to put me on has a mean tendency to mess with the kidneys, so they want a baseline kidney function test and I will need to redo the test in 3 months, then 3 months after that to make sure its not ruining my kidneyts (oh gee... thats SO comforting to know!)

I will also have to watch very closely for diabetes. Apparently, it causes diabetes in women, and diabetes is already a huge herediary concern of mine. My blood glucose level is perfect, but my insulin level was "slightly" elevated, but not yet anything to concern myself with, and not yet in the diabetic range. Now I know and now I need to be especially careful.

I am just so relieved to FINALLY know whats going on! My doctor had me FREAKED and SCARED.

Anyway, now that this is off my back, I can relax and post here more again. I've been a little wound up lately in case nobody picked up on it I am still in my busy season for work, and am still nutsy waiting for hubby's test results.... but I do feel like a huge weight is lifted.

I posted it once before in your thread about facial hair that I thought you may have it. I am glad you got it checked out and now getting treated for it. I have it too so if you ever need to chat let me know.

Kim, I have that too - I also went undiagnosed for YEARS, so I know the pain you were going through re the weight gain - regardless of how much or little, healthy or unhealthy, I was STILL putting on weight!!

I had my cysts surgically removed in April, after 3 years of unexplained infertility, and one cycle later I was pregnant!!!

I can imagine how relieved you are to eventually know what's wrong with you!!! I'm so glad it is something relatively non-serious!

(((HUGS)))

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh my gosh, this sounds exactly like my mom. I wonder if she could have it? She has all of those symptoms, and she has gotten Diabetes as well.

that sure must be a relief, hopfull some one will benifit from your sharing your experence..sounds like a lot of women may have it and not know it..Good luck

AH! A diagnosis is a good thing. Now I have a question (one that I personally would have asked the doctor if it were me). What about REMOVING the ovaries? Wouldn't that be better than medicine that could cause kidney damage? Especially since wanting children is not a concern of yours. (just curious)

Hope the medication can get rid of that pain and those other terrible symptomes.

Good question Jen.... they apparently do not like to take out the ovaries of a 33 year old woman just because she might reconsider having children some day. I can tell you with certainty that I will NOT be wanting children in this lifetime or the next. Grandchildren... bring 'em on (and then send them back to mom and dad)! Babies of my own? Heck no!

Personally, the idea of removal sounds great.... but then I'd have hormonal issues from not having them. Can't win!

Yes Kim you would probably have to go on HRT if they removed the ovaries, and that has its good and bad points too as we all know, I am just relieved for you , as at least you know what is wrong now, and can get some medical intervention to help your condition, take much care and I hope you start to feel better soon.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    What a relief it must be, knowing what's going on in your body. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with all that, but, I'm so glad that you're going to get treatment now!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Great news Kim! Glad it can be treated.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is great news! I am glad you can finally relax, and you know that it can be treated!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Goodness girlfriend, I just happened to peek in to the General threads! I'm sorry you've been having such problems and then add all the worry on top of that! (((HUGS))) I'm glad you at least know what you are dealing with now, and pray that they can get things under control for you very soon!

Now... I need to search and find out what is going on with Grant!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!