Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cannot decide.....

I cannot decide.....

My sister-in-law found another cat. She is the one who found my Inka in her garden! Now, a new tortie arrived there at her doorstep. It is a very tiny tortie. It is sure that this cat was left behind by humans, as she is not shy at all, is begging for food and attention all the time. It is obvious that she had a litter very recently, as all her tits are swollen. She cannot find her babies anywhere , and as the milk is "available", she is desperately looking for her kids. They are nowhere!! I am afraid that her "folks" just dropped her and killed her litter. Sad, right....

Now, my sister-in-law asks me if I would like to have the cat. What a question!!! Of course I am tempted!! But, I am all mixed up now: Am I a good meowmie for that little girl? I have a very bad health, and my back is not cooperating at all. I also possibly have MS. What if I get another "attack" and cannot take care of the newbie? My hubby and kids all love our cats, but it is me who takes care of the litterboxes... . I know that the newbie will need lots of care and attention. Will I be able to do that?? What is the risk that my Maya and Inka will not accept her??

I really don't know what to do....

Any advise? Sorry, I have no pics yet. The cat is vey young and should be spayed asasp.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

What a predicament! I am sorry to hear about your own health issues -- I had no idea. I hope they get settled soon and that you don't have MS. I know that you can still take good care of your pets with MS, but there would be days where hubby and/or the kids would have to do the litter.... thats hard because I know my own hubby and kids would rather die before they scooped!

Could you possibly foster her until a new home was found? Poor little girl. How truly awful they just dropped her and heartbreaking that she's still looking forher babies.

It is horrible how people treat their animals. Poor little girl all alone and missing her babies. Sounds like the little one could use some help sooner than later and I am sure you would make a great Meowmie to her. Why not take her and see how things go. You could always consider her a foster until you see how Maya & Inka take to her and see how you do with the added work. I am sure that you have plenty of love to share with all of them, but if it doesn't work out with Maya & Inka at least the little girl has a home until another can be found.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Thanks!! I want so very much to give that girl a chance!! My sis-in-law Marie-Rose suggests that she could take care of the cat for 2 more weeks. This would give us a chance to do some trips in Belgium (my hybby is on vacation for two more weeks). She also said that is was okay to return the newbie when it doesn't work out with Maya and Inka. Sounds great, huh.....

She still didn't name the little girl. Any ideas? She is a tortie with lots of brown and black. I told her that Rosie sounds great, as it would be a great reminder to who saved the poor cat!

Ohhhh.... I am so tempted.... Wish I had a picture...!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

How about Rose-Marie? I say go for it! If it doesn't work out you have the option of returning her to your sister-in-law, but maybe it will and then you will have a new, lovable addition to your family and Maya & Inka will have a little step-sister. Also, we will get to see pictures!!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

No other replies?? Please PT-friends, help me out

I don't have any advice unfortunately and I Hope you don't have MS {{hugs}}
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I think the little one could not ask for a better caretaker than
    you. Best of luck with your decision Lut.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    She also said that is was okay to return the newbie when it doesn't work out with Maya and Inka. Sounds great, huh.....

Ohhhh.... I am so tempted.... Wish I had a picture...!

Lut????

When it doesn't work out? I think you are thinking the worse. Optimism dear. LOL

I think it is great that you have the option to return her to your sister-in-law IF it doesn't work out. I think everyone would be more than willing to help out with the litter boxes if you can't do it. You are a wonderful mother and wife and I know they will do all they can and if that means scooping poop they will.

Give her a try Lut you might be surprised. She may be the very thing you need to help you now you are not well. She could be a real breath of fresh air for you.

I like the name Rosa or maybe even Rosa-Lee.

Please get well Lut and all fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed you don't have MS.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

How about Gypsy Rose, since she was a bit of a wanderer!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I can empathise with your situation, and understand where you are coming from here, I think you should give lil Rosie a go, at least you have back up if things do not work out, the purrfect solution.

She sounds adorable, keep us posted on what you decide and post some pics if you can soon pretty please.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I SAY KARINA,THE LITTLE TORTIE,THAT DIED OF FIP,AFTER,THE ANIMAL WELFARE,AND I RESCUED HER.
    BUT THE KITTENS,ALL HAVE FURR EVER HOMES,AND I KNOW,THAT KARINA ANGEL,WOULD LOVE,TO HAVE THAT MOMMA CAT,NAMED AFTER HER.

Last edited by catmandu; 07-12-2005 at 03:55 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If this idea is possible for you, then this is what I would do.....

Take her in keeping her in a separate room. Get her tested (very inportant) and then spayed. Keep her isolated from your girls for at least 2 weeks to make sure she doesn't have a cold or other illness AND to give everyone a chance to get used to the idea of another cat.

Then, either try to find her a new home....you know, foster her. Or introduce her to your ladies and see if you can keep ler. It is good to know that Marie-Rose will take her back if it does not work out.

You should not live your life wondering WHAT IF! What if....I get sicker. What if.......I can't do as much next year as I did this year. Your family will help you, no matter what, especially if something truly bad happens.

I pray that you stay as healthy as possible, but if you become sicker, you still have the right to live your life to the fullest.

Lut,

First, are you absolutely POSITIVE that the babies aren't anywhere in the direct vicinity??? I'd hate to take their mama away if they're still around. Any way you can let her out and see where she goes?

I'd take the little girl in. It's OBVIOUS that she needs someone like you to love and care for her.

GO FOR IT!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Lut,

I know first hand what you mean about your failing health. While it seems easy to others, the upkeep is hard if you aren't 100% every day. ((((((gentle hugs))))))

I think that you should try and foster her, keeping her if she gets along well with your girls.

If she doesn't you can find a home for her.

You're sweet and kind and she'll be lucky to have you. I just know it!

Hugs, Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...