Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Anniversary Mac & Ozzy!

Happy Anniversary Mac & Ozzy!

Today marks one year since Mac and Ozzy joined the pack. What changes these two little loves have been through in a short year. They were two weeks shy of their first birthday when they arrived. They'd spent most of their puppyhood in the shelter. Mac laid in the back of his kennel and shook all day. He only stopped when he was with Ozzy. Ozzy had huge cysts on his front elbows from trying to become one with floor in his kennel. They were wasting away in that place, fear slowly killing them.

They had parvo as puppies and the shelter staff had been told their hearts were damaged. They could never be sled dogs. I told the administrator that we would take them, but if they wanted to run, they were going to be sled dogs. Better they die in harness as happy, loved dogs than living short lives full of fear in the shelter.

So here they came. Both of them leapt in my truck like they knew they were getting out. I put them in a big pen and for the next two weeks I don't believe they slept. They ran and ran and ran. If they rested I never saw it!

This was taken their first day here and was as close as I got to them or they got to resting! They were so timid. Ozzy took about two weeks to start to warm up to me. If I sat quietly in his pen he would approach and let me pet him, especially if I had food. Man, can they eat!!! Mac took months longer to relax.

Enjoying their first dog toys.

Today, Ozzy follows me around the yard and tries to match his stride to mine so he can keep his head on my thigh. He is a big suck and can't get enough attention.

Mac has almost driven me to the bottle a couple times. He has never met a fence he can't go over, under or through. He gives new meaning to the term escape artist. We spent last weekend rebuilding a section of fence that he went out through most often. Yesterday he was released into the main yard and so far so good. He is much happier when he can be Ozzy.

Their little hearts are just fine. They play, wrestle and run just like any young husky cross should. They are full of energy and provide us with hours of entertainment as they play. They have grown into tall, leggy, well-muscled dogs. They are both fine sled dogs.

Ozzy's first time in a harness!

Ozzy is a great puller, strong and dependable, an honest dog. Just don't ask him to make decisions. He is a follower, not a leader.

Mac is driven, hardworking and smart in harness. He's not sure what to do up front, but he wants to be there. I am hoping over the next few months, Paxil will help me train him for next winter.

Happy Anniversary boys!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Happy Anniversary sweethearts!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Happy gotcha day Mac and Ozzy!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Happy Anniversary Mac and Ozzy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Awww!!! Happy Anniversary guys!!!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Better they die in harness as happy, loved dogs than living short lives full of fear in the shelter.
    I agree completely. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY~~MAC and OZZY ! Look what happens when you're given a chance.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

I love this picture. The older, more experienced guy nudging the newby, saying stick with me kid you'll be alright. And Ozzy looks so wide-eyed at the experience. The pictures of them both getting a drink and of running free in the snow are also great pics.

Happy Anniversary Mac & Ozzy. You will be fine sled dogs one day.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Happy anniversay Mac & Ozzy. Such beautiful pups.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love seeing your dog's big smiles!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Happy Anniversary!!!

Those guys look so sweet!
    .Dante [Nanday Conure] .Sebastian [Cockatiel] .Draven [Sun Conure] .Noel [Cockatiel] .Zues [Cockatiel]

.Sascha [Pit Bull X] .Coltrane [Doberman] .Maggie [Weimaraner] (Newest addition )

Happy Anniversary Mac and Ozzy!! I think you are both wonderful and I'm so glad that Glacier took you home with her and gave you a forever home. I always enjoy seeing your pics!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MAC & OZZY!

It's so great that you gave them a chance to be the happy, healthy, loving dogs they are today!

I hope you two have a wonderful anniversary!

PS. I loved all the pictures!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Happy Anniversary Mac & Ozzy!

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Happy, happy anniversary boys!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21