Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I learned to straighten hair today.....the easy way...

I learned to straighten hair today.....the easy way...

My niece on my husbands side, called in today, and asked if would Iron her hair, I said "what with an Iron,"? "yep" she says," I have a job interview at the beauty shop, and so can you do it?"
    So there we are ,her on the floor, me ironing her lovely long blonde hair, gosh the results are really cool though,(sure not going to let my daughter know how to do this yet) she has a natural wave, and would love dead straight hair) alway's want what you have not got, she is a natural ash blonde and wants black hair too, FORGET IT!!

Do any of you out there do this procedure, just curious? I would think it would be kinda bad for your hair in the long run, but she say's its better than using hair straightners, and takes half the time.

Well let's hope it help's her get the job.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Ironing your hair was a fad in the late 60's early 70's and yup, been there, done that.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh yes...my flat iron is my absolute best friend!

I love it...although I'm pretty much positive it isn't the slightest bit good for my hair. I don't know what I'd do without it, though.

I thought using an iron for your hair was bad for it...? Or at least that's what I've heard.

People say they're jealous of my hair. It's naturally straight, and sometimes it has a little "wave" at the bottom. So, I don't need to do anything to it.

I LOVE my flat iron. My hair looks all crazy, wavy (waves look good on some people, but NOT me, my waves are all irregular and just plain look silly), and poofy when I don't use it

I'm sure it's not great for my hair, but that's just too bad At least my hair *looks* healthier when I use it

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I first remember ironing hair back when the Beatles were popular. (My hair is naturally curley and I have never ironed it.)
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

My hair is straight, straight, straight. But, I also use a flat iron because it makes it look shiny and sleek. I know it's not good for my hair, but, I don't know a single person that can say they don't do something that isn't good for them. Hey, I don't smoke or drink or eat junk food, I can use a flat iron! I've heard that an iron works faster, but, I've never tried it.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

It works really well, buuuuuuuut you have to be soooo careful! My friend was ironing her hair and the iron gave her 2nd degree burns *maybe 3rd I don't remember* on her face because she was doing it by herself and she missed her hair! She ended up missing like a month of school, but she's all better now..her face still is has a bit of a scar though

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

I've heard of it, never done it though. As long as you use moderate heat, it can't be any worse for your hair than hot blow-driers!

My hair used to be stick-straight, it has gotten wavier over the years, and now it varies day to day!

My flat Iron is my baby! I use it everyday, and it makes my hair sooo straight! I love it!!

Originally posted by guster girl
    My hair is straight, straight, straight. But, I also use a flat iron because it makes it look shiny and sleek. I know it's not good for my hair, but, I don't know a single person that can say they don't do something that isn't good for them. Hey, I don't smoke or drink or eat junk food, I can use a flat iron! I've heard that an iron works faster, but, I've never tried it.
    lol! i agree! i use a flatiron on my hair...i would lovve to have sttraight hair! my dad is black and my mom is white so i have hair that's kinda wavy and poofy...i feel so much better about myself and more cinfident when i ahve my hair straightened...i'll post before and after pics this weekkend

In highschool, when I had permed hair, I used to use a clothes iron on my hair to straighten it. It works great, but it is bad for your hair. A clothes iron is much hotter then an average hair appliance.

Thank you Wolfie!

13. I remember using an iron on hair to straighten it....around the same time we used juice cans as curlers to get that straight look. Imagine sleeping with a bunch of juice cans on your head!!!!!

I would think that a iron, probably wouldn't do much more damage than a hair flat iron. Defintatley much more dangerous to use a clothe's iron. that is my professional opinion. I am a hairstylist. So true, most people do bad things to their hair including myself, and I know better! My hair is fried, dyed, and thrown to the side. Well, not excatly, I just think that is a funny saying! lol

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

Well All your comments were interesting, one I Never knew it was a fad in 60's and 70's, I sure never did it, two I never realised so many girl's did that with their hair today, I think my clothes Iron is pretty good, as it has one of those covers on it, and we only used it on low, but I was amazed at how well it works.

Straight hair is all the fashion at the moment, but I think I will stick with my waves , thank's ,Ironing the clothes is bad enough, without ironing my hair everyday lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️