Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter is spending the day at the vet

Butter is spending the day at the vet

Well, before I alarm anyone, he is spending the day because I was able to get him in the carrier, and then I called the vet! He needs his booster shots, but even more than that, he needs to be examined and probably given an injection for the horrible hair loss he is experiencing. My beautiful boy does not look so handsome right now. He has sores and bare spots all over himself, and even his tail is looking quite scraggly. Since he went AWOL before his last vet appt., I just made sure I caught him this time, then called to bring him in. Unfortunately, Dr. R was not going to be available this morning, so he is spending the day. I do hope we can figure out this skin thing. The ladies (Edwina, especially) would not be too enamored with his current "look".

Logan

Seems as though Butter is a typical guy when it comes to resisting going to the doctor, but Mom outwitted him this morning. I do hope he won’t hold this against you. Maybe you had better wear some long sleeves when he comes home, in case he has any ideas of payback.

Please cooperate with the doctors, Butter Boy, so any problems can be addressed.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Yeah! He is home, and sends a big toothy to his "Aunt Rachel"! He got all his shots, plus the injection that is necessary to make him suave and debonair again! Watch out, ladies, he will be on the prowl again in a week or two!!!

Buttercup, as Scott "fondly" refers to him, is fine. He got his annual shots and an injection for this skin issue that we have been fighting. I wish I could blame it on stress, but I don't think Butter experiences stress. Dr. Robinson says it is a form of dermititis, and he was hoping it was a seasonal allergy thing, but since we have been fighting it since October/November, off and on, I think it is more allergy related. I'm going to change foods, but have to do some research first. Someone suggested I get him off of fish, and he currently eats Pro Plan, Salmon and Rice, so I may go to something else, that he and Mimi can eat. Thankfully, neither of them are near being overweight, so we can use those high calorie foods if necessary. Mimi weighs six pounds, Butter weighs 10 (as of today).

My baby boy is resting now, after his traumatic day at the vet's office. The vet tech asked me if I "knew" what he was, after I told her that he was a stray that I took in. She said, "you have yourself a flame point Siamese, with the attitude of a purebred Siamese". Hehehe!! I knew there was a reason for his attitude!!!

Here he is in a webcam shot that I just took. Hope it isn't too huge to view, but I know the quality sucks. You can see his scrawny tail, but none of the other wounds he has inflicted on himself. I should have been more diligent about getting him to the vet's office and for that, I feel horribly guilty. I'm just glad he will be ok now and otherwise checked out beautifully!!
    Last edited by Logan; 07-07-2003 at 04:04 PM.

Poor Butter boy! Hope he has recovered from his visit to the white coat's.

One of my mum's Siamese cats has started to lose some fur, so maybe it's allergy-related. Thanks for the information
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww. What a cute little "Butter butt" Hope you're back to your fluffy self very soon. I've heard that fish diets can do that to cats and rarely give my kitties fish. In fact I've never given my two any fish since I got them and their coats are lovely.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Awww, sweet Butter...I'm so glad to hear that your day at the vet's is over. Maybe now your coat will grow in more beautiful than ever

Logan, I'm happy to see Butter resting so good after his apt. Give him a big scritch from me!

Oh, Buttercup..he he he...I hope you recover from your hair trauma! But, bald IS beautiful. Keep that in mind...good luck.

Butter I can feel with you as for the vet and for your hair. You will easily forget the first one and I hope your mom soon finds what food you aren't allowed anymore

I'm glad that Butter is now home and that his vet visit went well too. When I first adopted Storm, I was feeding him a fish flavored cat food. He began to lose the fur on his ears and was also scratching a lot. I found out that he's allergic to fish. When I stopped feeding him fish, his fur grew back and he stopped scratching too. Hopefully Butter's problem is as simple as my Storm's was. Take care and please keep us updated.

Sweet Buttercup.... I'm so glad you are home. Now....isn't mama a smart one? GREAT idea Logan, I think I'll do that with Noah and Olivia in the future.

I'm glad he's doing good.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Buttercup is doing fine! He slept most of the day and evening yesterday, but prowled last night. And he is sleeping the day away again today!!! Thanks for all your good wishes. According to Butter, if I would just quite referring to him as "Buttercup", all would be ok. He says it is quite feminine sounding and he is anything but feminine!!!!

I just love the name Butter.......or even Becel So glad to hear he is doing OK. Kisses to you sweet Butter.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

13. Dear Buttercup,

First of all I think Buttercup is a lovely name for you! It shows you are in touch with your feminine side!

And don't worry about your fur looking scraggly...it is the heart inside that matters....and yours is pure gold!

Yours,

Winny

Glad to hear Butter is home and a-okay.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Logan, I'm glad to see Butter is home again and relaxing - and he certainly is relaxing.

Try Hill's and see if he likes that, and keep in mind that males tend to develop bladder crystals more than females. A bag of S/D wouldn't harm him. Perhaps you could get one of these free trial bags and see if he likes it. He can't be more choosy than Fister!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.