Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending too much time on Pet Talk???

Spending too much time on Pet Talk???

Is it just me, or do others periodically have to re-register here on the new Pet Talk?

I'm not sure if it's that I spend too much time here and time out or what, but periodically when I log out of one forum area into the main PT page, the system quits recognizing me and I have to log in again.

Am I doing something wrong, spending too much time here, or is this a bug that only affects me? (Or are others finding this too and it will be fixed?)

It's not that big a deal, but it kind of feels like I'm not welcome here... (It happens once or twice a day.)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

It happens to me too.... I thought it was just me.

Whew, that's a relief! How often for you?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Well, I work from home and have cablespeed so I am on-line.... Dare, I say it ALL DAY but I'd have to say it's happened maybe two or three times over the last couple of days. We just re-formatted one of my hard drives and so I have been thinking that's what it was.... glad to know I was wrong

It only happened to me once so far. That was about 2 weeks ago or so. Not sure why it happens, but don't let it make you feel unwelcomed!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

*knock on wood*

Hasn't happened to me yet...

My sis did have trouble the other day though...she was able to post in the mornin' but by afternoon, something went haywire...it would not allow her to post at all. Paul fixed it though (and fast too I might add)! Thanks, Paul!

Happened to me once - but cleared up later that day - I did wonder if Pet Talk was getting too many hits?
    Horrible feeling isn't it - I was getting quite upset - like 'Let Me In Please'- whimper, whimper.

Lynne

Former User Guest
    like Zippy-kat, never happened to us either (knock the wood... and I'm knocking my head now ).

Dunno what the problem could be....

Only happened when they turned over to the new server. Ummmm can't imagine what the problem would be

I am taking the Fifth

I refuse to answer the question.

But only once have I had to sign in again since the new format started. I deleted all my temporary files, and along with it my sign in name and password. Had to get a new one because I couldn't remember it!!

Okay ...

I bop in and out of here all day (as if no one noticed ) and today alone I've had to re-log in three times. While I'm glad it's not just me, it's worrisome that some don't seem to have a problem at all. Maybe it's bopping in and out so often that stressing the system???

I'm not a computer whiz in any sense of the word, but could it be that you are not storin' the cookies?

I bop in and out all day, too. I've only had to relog once. I think it was the time Aly was referring to. I had noticed some of the features didn't seem to be working (esp. where you mark this forum read). I exited program. The next time I needed to relog, but problems were fixed.

Logan

Come to think of it I think that's the only time I have to "Log-In" also. Maybe it has something to do with temp. files? ... Maybe we should ask Paul? We just moved 29 sites to another "Server" and have had some trouble too, so may be the server.... Computers were supposed to make our lives easier, weren't they??!!!

Originally posted by zippy-kat
    I'm not a computer whiz in any sense of the word, but could it be that you are not storin' the cookies?
    Maybe that's it? I'm not aware of doing anything to the cookie file and it happens like 25% of my visits?