Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report on The Chicagoland Pet Show

Report on The Chicagoland Pet Show

Yesterday, Tubby & Peanut' parents, Debbie and Terry, met us at the PetShow.

All the dog breed rescue groups were there. Here's my favorite breed...

Italian Greyhound
    There were dog clubs, shelters, pet food companies giving free samples, ferrets, birds, and a zillion vendors.

Upstairs was the cat area. The Firsky cats from print and TV ads were there (including shows!) First was the household division.

Trevor's Twin

"Send the electrolysist over here"

The Breeds

My favorite...Devon Rex

and the much anticipated Hedgehog Olympics

I know Debbie has photos as well!

I am so mad, ma (ACGAS) and I were suposed to go on Saturday, but no one would take her shift at work.

@#(%&#$*^%)(@#^%@#%$@&#%^@)*&#%$)@#%*&@#%@&)#%^@# (&%^@#)&*%^@#$@_#%^@#*&$@_#%^&*@ #%$@#%(&_@#%@&#%^(@&#%^@#^% (quick vent, sorry).

Sounds and looks like it was fun...maybe next year we can go.

Hey...I have that colored playpen (last pic) for my ratties, they can get out of it though. Stinkers!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Looks like fun!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Ok, I remember last time we realized we didn't take enough pictures, so I tried to take more this time. Sara, I can't believe your camera took such great pictures of the Hedgehogs! That's an awesome zoom lens you have! My pictures aren't in any order, so I'll just put them up as they appear on Imagestation.

This was a beautiful 9 month old Maine Coone girl. Her mom was brushing and combing her so we just had to stop and admire. (Terry is very partial to the Maine Coones since his snotty little girl Peanut is part Maine Coone).

This was an Aby that just got done being judged. He/she did get ribbons, but I guess we didn't ask what ribbons.

Here we are waiting for the Hedgehogs to get going. I'm the one with the white shirt with the blue jean shirt over. Sara is to my left (your right as you're looking at the picture) and her husband Don is to her left (your right) on the end of the bleachers. Terry took the picture.

I didn't catch this sweeties name, or the group he was collecting for, but he/she was sooooo adorable holding the pot asking for donations! The girl said he usually does very well in his collections. You can kind of see his....coat? with all sorts of patches on it. The group was something like "Dogs for the Blind" or "Pet Companions" or something like that. It was a worthy cause, and how could we resist such a face!!!

If I remember right, this was in the household area. These kitties must really like being stuffed in the bag because their cage was sitting there empty.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

This is what you call a cat tree! It was on the stage for the Frisky's cat trick show (which we missed - darn!) so I didn't get a name or company that makes them. Might have been specially made for Friskys too for all I know.

This is a dilute calico Brit. He/she was adorable!

This next one is Sara's husband, Don. Another lady wanted to take a picture, so the kitty's mom handed Don the feather in hopes the kitty would look up for the lady to get a nice picture. The picture of Don turned out good, but I don't think the kitty was being very cooperative. Oh, the kitty is the little black one - a Devon Rex or similar.

This is one of Edwina's British cousins.

And Fister's British cousin. He looked so much like Fister we couldn't believe it. The only thing is he has the Brit head/face which Fister doesn't have. He was a real poser and seemed to love having his picture taken. His mommy said he was a real lover boy and just loved being in the limelight. I never knew Brits came in Tabby or Calico colors. 'Course, pretty much the only Brits I've really seen are the British Blues, and Efrats white colored ones, so shows what I know about Brits.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

This is the most adorable Maine Coone kitten! If he had been for sale - for something less than $500.00, T & P might have had a new brother. Terry was really taken with this little guy.

This is the same "Charlie Chaplin" kitty that Sara posted. I loved his little mustache, and his little black socks on two feet.

And another one of "Charlie." I was trying to get a good pic of his moustache, but of course the camera was slow and he was looking for attention.

And here's two pics of some kitties that have had a very rough day at the show. Now it's nap time.

And the last pic is a bunny. There was a purebred bunny rescue there, so I just had to take a pic for you bun lovers.

I hope you like the pics. We had a great time, and there was way more to look at than we had time for. And the crowd just getting bigger and bigger too. It's good to know there are so many pet lovers out there, but we had to get out into the beautiful sunny warm day, so that's all there is!
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Wow Debbie! You took fabulous pictures. Proving more than just a good camera is important!

So many of mine are "through the bars"....yuck....

but here's Nikita's twin

and one of the Frisky's cats on stage

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

If I remember right, this was in the household area. These kitties must really like being stuffed in the bag because their cage was sitting there empty.
    I love this picture the best!
    It is so funny the way they are both stuffed in there!
    It sounds like you all had fun and took lots of great pictures!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Great pictures every one! Thanks for posting, but I wanna BE there!

A co-worker called from Busch Gardens in Florida today, and said he had just seen the Clydesdales. I told him to bring one back for me if any wanted to come north!

Wonderful pictures everyone!

Looks like you really had alot of fun!

I just adore the kitties in the bag

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

aww! it looks like so much fun! all the pictures are wonderful thanks for sharing.....
    *love Alexa and Crackers*

*~*~*~*Birdies are the best*~*~*~*

I soooo wanna go now!!!
    I love the hedgie pics, the snuggly 'almost-K'Cee-in-a-bag', the Frisky cat, and of course the bunny!!

Hmm... maybe next year!!

What great pictures. Thank you Sara and Debbie for sharing them.
    Steffi and Lovable

Wow! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time. I almost feel like I was there with you...

I want to go to another cat show. NOW. Calming down -- there's one somewhat local in early April... need details though!

Thanks for sharing the photos. It looks like a marvelous time!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Great pics!! Loved all of them..and I think I'd wanna take home that little Maine Coone kitten too! Cutie!

I wish we had something like that here. The only shows like that I know of are Home and Garden crap.

Were people allowed to walk around with their own pets? Or just pets that were in the show?

Is this the first time you guys have met up? I wish I could meet a Pet Talker! Looks like fun!