Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicagoland Pet Show - March 14 - 16

Chicagoland Pet Show - March 14 - 16

Attention: Flatlanders, Cheeseheads, Hoosiers, Michiganers, Buckeyes, Hawkeyes, and any others within the sound of my voice! (For those of you not familiar with the Midwest that would be people from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Iowa.)

My husband and I went to this last year and it was great... a cat show, every dog breed rescue you can imagine, ferrets, hedgehogs -- toys and treats galore!

It is held at Arlington Raceway -- easy to get to...so.....

Chicagoland Pet Show

I'll be there! Hopefully I'll get Terry to come along this time since the motorhome is under wraps for the winter.

Sara and I went to the one at Navy Pier last fall and it was great! That was the first "pet" show I had ever been too, and there is lots to see. Dog pulling contests (pit bulls or similar pulling railroad ties - kinda like a tractor pull or horse pull) lots of kitties to see, lots of doggies walking around, hedgehog olympics (we missed that - darn!) a kitty parade and much much more, not to mention the shopping to be done! Sara found a few new hats for Lady Edwina.

It's a good time and hopefully we'll get a few more to join us this time!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hey that sounds like fun! I've never been to a pet show before, just cat shows.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

*pouts* I wanna go! lol

(how come they never 'advertise' bunnies.... or am I just over looking it?)

Sounds like a great time! If you go take some pictures!!

Oh wow! Sounds like you will have a BLAST! We want details, but photos would be even better (as if you couldn't guess we'd want them!) Hee, hee!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I would like so much to go, not only to the Pet Show but also to visit my friends in Chicago. I lived there from 1968 to 1976. I fell in love with Golden Retrievers at a dog show in Chicago and decided right then and there that if I ever had a house with a large backyard that was the dog for me. And that's exactly what I did when I moved to Connecticut.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I doubt we can get away becuase I Ralph is workingon a high school musical...I would love to go though!!! They are having a freestyle competition/seminar there that I would love to see!!! Oh well, guess I'll wait for Michigan this summer!

Well Debbie....looks like it may just be you and me again this time!

Any others interested?

Sara

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Well Debbie....looks like it may just be you and me again this time!

Any others interested?

Sara
    I just might have to go! Don't suppose well behaved pets can come, too? I doubt it, but it would be neat to bring either Kersey or Graham. Let me talk to my hubby tonight and see if he might like to join me.

It sounds awesome but I am a bit far away. I have been to a Cat Show and also a Dog Show in Philadelphia but have never had an opportunity to see so many animals under one roof. Have a great time and report back with pictures of course!

Since ACGAS mentioned this show again, I thought I'd bump it back up since it is getting closer.

They've started advertising it on the radio. I listen to "The Lite" 93.9 I believe it is, at work and I've heard it a couple of times on there.

Now the problem. Every spring and fall there is a big Chevy/Vette show at McCormick place that we always go to. Turns out this spring's show just happens to be the same weekend - 3-14 to 3-16. We normally go both days to the Vette show, but I told Terry I was going to the Pet Show whether he comes or not, and he said he would come too and blow off the Vette show for once.

We normally meet up with all our Vette buddies on Saturday at the show, so would it work for everyone who's thinking about coming if we all met on Sunday at the Pet Show?

I'll make it work whichever day works for everyone else, it's just that right now Sunday will work best for me. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Adore my Dogs, they advertise to leave your pets at home, but at Navy Pier there were so many dogs walking around on leashes that Sara and I couldn't believe it. And I can't believe they were all part of the show either. So I don't want to say it would be ok to bring Kersey or Graham because I'd hate to have you get there and then be turned away, but maybe you can give the promoters a call or something to see what they say.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

13. It also coincides with the Flower and Garden Show at Navy Pier! Actually...come to think of it...Sunday might be better. We usually go to the Flower Show on Saturday in the late afternoon/early evening when everyone else has gone home for dinner. So we could go to Navy Pier on Saturday and Pet Show on Sunday.

PLUS Sunday is the Hedgehog day isn't it?

ps...don't tell my husband there is a Corvette Show that weekend. I have enough trouble getting him to Flower and Garden!

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    PLUS Sunday is the Hedgehog day isn't it?

ps...don't tell my husband there is a Corvette Show that weekend. I have enough trouble getting him to Flower and Garden!
    Yes, if they run it the same as Navy Pier, the Hedgehog Olympics should be on Sunday. Now we just have to find out what time so we don't miss it again. I don't really know, but that just sounds like something hilarious that we need to see.

And trust me, I know what you mean about getting the other half away from the Vette show. I couldn't believe it when we got the flyer in the mail and it was the same weekend - ugh - of all the darn weekends to pick! Fortunately I had been telling him about the cat show ever since the last one, so I sorta had dibs on the weekend.

Now you make me want to call my Mom and have her and my Aunt come down for the Flower and Garden Show. Why does everything happen on the same weekend?
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

15. The Flower and Garden Show starts the previous weekend (March 8) but we will be out of town. So you can still do ALL THREE!!!