Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosie is gone.

Rosie is gone.

I cannot do this post, but I have to. I am very, very, very heartbroken. My parents had to put down Rosie on Saturday morning, she started having back problems, and the vet gave her medication to help her ease the pain, and it worked for a while, then, for some reason, my parents said she came back inside hobbling, basically dragging herself behind the tv set, and just yelping and whimpering, and panting, trying to figure out what happened with her back legs, and so my parents took her to the vet, and found out that she was paralyzed from her middle of her back to her back legs. It would have cost us thousands of $ to have surgery on her, which we cannot afford (dad is out of a job, three kids in college *me and my two brothers*) and there was no other guarantees, no other options, so.. we had to put her to sleep, to ease her pain and now she is in a better place. PLEASE DO NOT judge me. I could not be home for her, to say goodbye, and that is enough to kill me right now. Mike was here for the weekend when I got the phone call from my mom, and he was just so understanding and compassionate when it came to this. I broke down crying this morning because it had really HIT me, and he just held me for a while, and it was just something I needed. I am glad I was not alone.

ALSO, my mom had a dream of Rosie last night and she was happy. That's comforting to know she is doing well at the rainbow bridge.

Thanks.

This was the last picture I took of her before I came back to OSU:

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Oh no, not Rosie. I'm so sorry. She is free from her pain now. I'm sorry you couldn't be there. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh, I am so sorry. No judging here, we all know Rosie's best interests were at mind. She had a wonderful life and now she's pain free and playing like a puppy.

I know how hard it is to lose a pet while you're away at school. You have my deepest sympathies. (((Hugs))))

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Oh Rachel, I am so sorry about Rosie. I know how difficult it must be for you to not be there at this time. Yes, you can rest easy knowing she is no longer in pain and is running happily at the bridge with the rest of the RB pups. I am glad Mike was with you to help comfort you.

RIP Rosie.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry. I could hardly believe what I was reading. There will be no judging here. Those who love Rosie did what they needed to do. She is at peace and in no pain. ((((hugs)))) to you and your family.

Rest peacefully Rosie

You did the right thing. She is no longer in pain. Now she can play with all of her new RB buddies. It was her time.

Thank you, everyone. I made a same post at the Dog Memorial section, and it includes more than one pictures of her, not only just pictures but my favorites of her.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Oh my gosh Rachel, I can't believe it. I'm so very, very, sorry. I know you and all of your family must be heartbroken. I will miss your sweet beagle girl very much. She had a good life with your family, I know she'll be waiting for you at the bridge. {{{HUGS}}}

Good bye Rosie, we love you.

RIP darling little Rosie, and may those who loved you so much find comfort at this very sad time in their life, i am so sorry for you Loss Rachael HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am so sorry to hear about Rosie. *hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry to hear that little sweetie is gone. There was nothing to be done. I had to have a cat put down who was only 12 a couple years ago because I couldn't afford the surgery on her which was going to be thousands of dollars so I understand. She had a wonderful life with loving people. What a great legacy for a wonderful dog.

No judging here.....I'm so sorry you had to go through this....She is in a better place, running pain free and chasing squirrels as I type......
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

No judging here either. I would have probably done the same thing. I'm so sorry to hear about this. At least Rosie is no longer in pain.

R.I.P. Rosie.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry, Rachel. Rosie had a wonderful long life with your family, and the dream your mom had was surely a sign from her. She's not in pain anymore. Prayers for you all, and especially for Anna, she must be heartbroken over the loss of her dear Rosie. I hope she is able to move thru this. I'm so glad you were able to spend a little time with the girls before going back to school, and took such lovely portraits of them.

Oh no!!! I am so sorry to read this hun!! You must be heartbroken!! I am so sorry you and your family had to lose your Beloved Rosie!!! Everyone here will miss her soooo much! We'll never forget our favorite Beagle.. RIP Rosie girl! We love you
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven