Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frisk needs PT prayers. (Update 10/5)

Frisk needs PT prayers. (Update 10/5)

Here is the first thread.

I have made another here because we are desperate for some prayers.

First off, Frisk is home... but things aren't looking up. After spending two nights at the vets, his blood sugar was down below 400 around noon today (still high, but better than before), but skyrocketed back up this afternoon. It is now in the 500s. Our vet decided to send him home, as there isn't really anything else he can do at the moment. Plus, since Frisk isn't used to kennels at all, being away from home could be making his blood sugar go even higher.

So we are sitting here together, me hugging my little guy and praying for a 360. You see, his pancreas seems to have an infection, making things so much worse. He is on meds to help fight it, but they aren't seeming to do much help. There is a possibility that this is irreversible, too...

Tonight we are to give him his insulin at 9pm, and take him back in to the vets at 10am tomorrow for them to check up on him.

I know I can count on PT for the prayers we need at this time.

I am so scared...
    Last edited by Casper; 10-05-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Its blood sugar, not blood pressure.

Oh no, I thought things were looking up for Frisk. I am still keeping him in my prayers. He's a tough little guy, hopefully he'll do that turn around you're hoping for. It's really scary when our furbabies get so sick. Many {{{hugs}}} to you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

prayers for frisk!

I am so sorry to hear. Poor little guy. I know everyone who reads your post will be praying for Frisk and your family! Keep us posted.

Poor Frisk
    Sending prayers and hoping your handsome boy gets better soon.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Oh Courtney, I am so sorry. You know I will be praying for your little man. Sometimes it takes a few days to get the insulin levels right, but once you do Frisk could actually live many more years with the appropriate dosage. My first girl needed insulin shots twice a day and she did fine on them. Here's hoping you see improvement in our little guy real soon.

Prayers sent for you and the little guy!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

He is DEFINITELY in my thoughts and prayers. ((((Hugs)))))

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Thoughts and prayers are zooming to you from here. I can't stand the thought of that little guy being sick. Such a good little boy. {{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thanks so much, guys. I knew I could count on you all.

Well, we just got back from the vet, where his blood sugar got checked and... its at 375! Granted, it isn't quite where we want it, but its a heck of a lot better than 500!

Our vet was ecstatic to see it below 400, and admitted that he was really worried about him and it bothered him to see it so high before. And even though his blood sugar wasn't in the "comfort zone", we were all smiles.

We aren't in the clear yet, though. There is a possibility that it could be pancreatic cancer. That "C" word scares me to death, but I am hoping and praying it is just an infection that can get cleared up with rest.

His sinus infection seems to be clearing up a bit, too. His eyes are looking great; no more monster eye boogers. His nose is still runny, but we think it hasn't been running quite as much as yesterday. He is still super weak, too. But you should have seen him when we asked him if he wanted to go for a car ride... his ears perked right up and he was willing to walk down a few stairs! We cheered for him the whole way. :-)

Here is a picture taken a few minutes ago of my precious little guy off in dreamland.

Well, I'm off to go cuddle with my little Frisket.
    Again, thanks for everything. I can't find the words to say just how much your prayers mean to us.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Awww, little Frisk man. You look so cute all curled up and sleeping.
    I'm glad to hear his blood sugar numbers are going down, that is great!!

I will keep you and Frisk in my thoughts until he is all better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Dream away Frisk. My prayers will continue for you little guy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh no!! Not Frisk!! ***HUGS*** for you and *gentle pets* for Frisk. You both will be in my thoughts!

Thoughts and prayers for Frisk.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Kisses and hugs to you, Frisk Man!! We love you sweetheart!!! GET WELL!!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm truly sorry I just saw this thread
    Poor baby. I'm so upset that Frisk isn't feel well.

Look, I'm not a vet...but his pancreas problems sounds exactly like the ones my neighbors' have had with their puggy-wuggly, Denver. He was a chunky bean then began to vomit and lethargic and not eat, which was the first sign something was amiss.

He had pancreatis (sp). He was put on antibiotics and a special diet, and although he stayed slim (believe me, it was a blessing in disguise), he's as happy and frisky as can be when I visit. it took a while, but all turned out OK. I hope and pray that Frisk gets better soon. Please don't think the ugly *C* word yet. Be hopeful, OK. Hugs to all of you.

I've been Boooo'd!