Thread: Still a Bad Influence

Still a Bad Influence

I posted this under another thread, but am sharing it here in the "Cat General" section:

One kind Pet Talker member recently accused me of giving animal rights people a bad name. Well, it looks like I've continued my very bad ways. I am constantly preaching the virtues of animal adoption to people I meet and with whom I work. "Adopt from the shelter," I say. "Phooey on designer dogs and cats!"

On yesterday, one of the developers with whom I work informed me that he and his wife decided to follow my advice and adopt an animal from the Memphis animal shelter. They got a cat. It just so happens that while they were filling out the papers, the shelter manager found out that the cat had been scheduled for euthanization several weeks ago. The paperwork had evidently been misplaced and was only found when my coworker and his wife went to collect the cat.

Hm...

They named her Zanne:

WoW no kiding.. Neat Story with a very happy ending.. Great & this baby is Adorable.. Welcome to PT Zanne..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Aaawww what a beauty. I suppose some higher powers mixed the papers up because they knew that the new purrents were waiting for Zanne.

She looks like she is in charge of the household already. It's good to see you back!

What a gorgeous girl she is, and look at those paws! She seems to fit right in there. It must be wonderful for her to have some space now. How lucky she was to be saved. I like the name Zanne. Do you know her age?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Great story and what a gorgeous kitty!

From Decker with Love

Great story, thanks

There are just sooooo many unwanted pets here in the USA. I am so amazed when I hang out on PetFinder to see the thousands of pets/animals. What is wrong with this society? People here can't even manage to "return the shopping cart" to the place of origin, let alone take care of a pet properly. I think I am going to move to some other continent. And if the Republicans win in November, I am moving. (I sound a tad wigged out, eh?)

I love the stories you share with us, Mr. Willow Oak, so please do continue doing so. I know we give you grief from time to time, but ignore it. Your stories usually make us all feel warm and fuzzy. Isn't that what life is all about? Feeling good?!! Y E S !!!

What an absolute gorgeous (and lucky!) cat!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

She is stunning! I love the lion cut on her tail! She looks like she is the Queen of the household already! Please, Mr. Willow Oak, keep up the good work and ignore the nasty comments of some uninformed folks!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

THATS WAS SUCH A STROKE OF LUCK THAT ZANNE WAS NOT PTS.
    I WONDER IF SOMEONE FELL IN LOVE WITH HER, AND GAVE HER THE TIME THAT SHE NEEDED FOR HER GOTCHA DAY.
    THATS A GRET , AND TOUCHING STORY, AND THE FOUND CATS ARE MEEEOWING FOR ZANNE AS WELL.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks so much for helping out with Zanne the Adorable And welcome back it's good to see you posting again.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Oh! She is gorgeous! Glad the paperwork was misplaced at the shelter and she got a home!