Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She has a friend!

She has a friend!

I've been searching for the perfect companion for Nicki since Christmas. I finally found her!

Her name is Callie and she's a former student of mine. She turned 1 at Easter and is such a super sweetie. I knew the right dog would come along and that it would be a great match from the start. I decided she would come to me.... and she has!

Right now she is a tangled, matted mess. I have to get her vet records and to the groomer ASAP.... anyone know what a Golden Doodle should be groomed to look like? Then my next stop will be to the vet to be spayed. I only hope I can get her spayed before she goes into heat again.

Here are my two girls spending time together already. Nicki is perfectly at ease and doesn't complain about her presence at all (she tells me loud and clear when she objects)

And here she is with her bestest friend in the world. She LOVES her little boy. and he loves her. The first thing he asks for every morning is Nicki.

Other than her new friend, she's doing as well as can be expected. The vet said to cherish every moment we have together. And I am.

Hello, Callie, welcome to your new home. Did you know a PT home is great place to be? I hope we get to see more of you and learn about you.

As for the grooming, if she is that matted you may not have much choice in the matter for this first time around, so don't worry!

And there is dear Nicki, look at you with your best boy! and a new pal as well, lucky you!

Nice photos of all 3!

Callie is beautiful! She looks just like my friends Golden Doodle, Ginger. Ginger has long curly fur and doesn't look much different than Callie although she's a little "nuts" so if Callie is calm, you're lucky All 3 of your babies are adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    although she's a little "nuts" so if Callie is calm, you're lucky
    She is a nutcase.... which is why we ended up with her. Her old family just couldn't keep up with her. She just needs exercise and stimulation. She'll be just fine here. I already took a short walk with her and she did great. She sat to be greeted by a group of children and didn't pull nearly as much as I expected her to. She responded nicely to correction. A few weeks of consistency and we'll have a fabulously well behaved nutcase

Of course I have several VERY unhappy cats hiding under the bed at the moment hubby thinks he might never see the cats emerge out from under the bed ever again She's used to living with cats but still thinks they want to play with her (which they don't and neither did the cats at her old home)

She is AWESOME with Cam. Simply awesome. He lived with a 2 year old girl, so Cam's nothing new to her... only Cam is a whole lot more "durable" than the little girl she left.

LOL...guess it's a "doodle" thing. My friend has probably done little to none of the training I'm sure Callie will get so with those brains, looks and some training, I'm sure she'll be an amazing dog! And boy will she love the water!

My new puppy is very interested in playing with my 2 cats....who want nothing to do with her. I hope they all come through this without emotional damage (me included ).

What a lovely looking little dog. I love the golden curls. I hope this works out for you.

What a lovely happy little dog. Welcome to your new home, Callie. You are sure to be spoiled rotten.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Shes gorgeous!

Grooming - if she matted down to the skin you will probably need her to be a shave off then start again with her new mum.

I love that last photo, looks like she smiling

She's adorable! Congrats!

Congratulations, it does seem that you have found *the one* who will be a perfect fit for your home. Knowing that you recognize her need for exercise and mental stimulation as well as dematting makes me feel that she has found the perfect home as well. Thanks for sharing the good news.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Well, everyone survived the first night

She slept with my son and he said she was a perfect companion all night. She and Cameron are having a blast playing fetch. I SO wish I had the video camera running when I first threw the ball.... both boy and dog ran after the ball with Cam saying "thats MY ball! MY ball!" I was laughing so hard I nearly fell over.

Nicki hasn't grumped at her once. Thats truly amazing because she grumps at anything and everything these days.

The cats on the other hand, um, they are not happy critters. Pouncer has been up on the secretary all morning. My Llardro figurines don't make for a comfortable nest

The odd thing is if they didn't run from her, she'd just sniff and walk away. She knows to leave cats alone. My guys are just being drama queens.

Welcome home Callie, what a cutie you are! Good to see sweet Nicki is ok with her being there.
    Of course I have several VERY unhappy cats hiding under the bed at the moment
    Been there, done that.When I got Layla the cats hid in the basement for a week. With Jake, not so bad as he was smaller than them! They will come around.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratulations. She's beautiful.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Congrats! She looks like a great dog. Glad you found that companion for Nicki!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

AWW, Callie looks perfect and I am glad to see Nicki has found the perfect friend and that she fits your family so well. She's a cutie! LOL the picture of your kitty made me laugh. Poor Pouncer :P They will come around