Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My grandmother has passed on

My grandmother has passed on

This morning my brother found that my grandma had passed away in her sleep. He went over just to get her grocery list and he found her in bed. Of course my dad is upset, as my grandpa on his side died around christmas four years ago. My brother is beside himself. I really can't go down there so all I can do is be supportive over the phone and online. It sucks I can't do more

My grandmother was one of the strongest people I've ever known. She had been through so much in her life but always kept a positive attiude. RIP grandma Gloria, you were always an inspiration to me and encuaged me to follow my dreams.

I am so sorry for you and your family. {{{hugs}}} to you and your family at this time.

Sorry to hear about your grandma. At least it sounds like she went peacefully in her sleep and didn't have to suffer through a long illness. My condolences.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

DJ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

((((((HUGS))))))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Such a shock for your brother.

Prayers for all of you at this difficult time. RIP, Grandma Gloria.

Huge (((((hugs))))) and good vibes headed out to your family in this time of mourning. I wish I could give better words to help, but I can't find them... I'm sorry.

Your family and you will be in our prayers. If it is any comfort to him, she went the best way possible - in her sleep, no pain and suffering.

As for you not being able to help- it's likely even if you were physically there, there wouldn't be a whole lot you could do. But why not get a notebook, and jot down all the nice memories of her you can think of, then you can share that with you Dad and brother some day, and maybe your own grandchildren or grandnieces and nephews if they happen!
    I've Been Frosted

{{{hugs}}}

I hope your brother can come visit you for a while...and you can remember your glorious Grandma Gloria.

My condolences...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks everyone. I had a very nice talk with my dad a little bit ago and even he said the best thing I can do is honor my grandmas memory by doing what I dream of doing and have dreamt of since I was little, Music.

I'm sorry to hear about her passing but glad to hear she wasn't ill and passed on peacefully. She must have been a great woman. I'm sure she will be greatly missed.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers for you and your whole family.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I am sorry your grandmother passed away. May she R.I.P.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm so sorry for your loss

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

My father passed away a month ago, so I know painfully well what you are going through.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien