Thread: Rottweiler pup whose mum's a moggy (5 pics)

Rottweiler pup whose mum's a moggy (5 pics)

He has her colouring, but that is where the family resemblance ends.

For the little newborn snuggling up to Sky the tabby cat is, in fact, a rottweiler. He and another pup were abandoned at birth on Monday. Fearing they wouldn't survive, their owner, David Page, placed them with his cat Sky, who had just had four kittens. He didn't expect much - perhaps just that she would keep them warm for a little while. But to his surprise, she welcomed them with open paws.
    Mr Page, 42, an agriculture and heavy plant contractor, said: "It is just amazing to think that Sky has taken so well to the puppies. She has a lovely, gentle nature and treats them just like her kittens. She loves to lick them clean and lets them suckle her."

The puppies are the only survivors of a litter of six born to Mr Page's two-year-old bitch Roxy at his works' yard in Haddiscoe near Beccles, Suffolk.

He has tried to re-introduce Roxy to her puppies, but she does not want to know them - and fortunately, they seem quite content.

"They are just one big happy family. I hope they will grow up the best of friends," he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Wow, how amazing! The pups and kittens are so cute together. What a great mommy that mother cat is. Thanks for sharing this story with us. It would be interesting to follow the story as the animals grow. To see if the pups take on kitten ways or if the kittens take on some of the puppy ways. Has anyone ever heard a pup try to purr - or a cat try to bark?

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Wow! that is so swesome for the rotties! What a wonderful momma cat! I hope all the new babies find loving forever homes!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    How darling, that's always amazing to me.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I saw this story, but had forgotten all about it! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous, aren't they? Everyone all snuggled up together, it's absolutely wonderful.

It would be so nice to know how they are all doing in a few months.

I read about that in the daily mail, lol. Those stories are always touching.

The mother cat isn't a tabby though, she is a tortoiseshell. We have a very similar looking one called Gizmo. Gizmo had some kittens once when I was about 15 but I pestered my mum to get both cats spayed before they could have more but I remember our Gizmo being such a good mother...so devoted to her kittens and always chirping to them which I loved to hear. They call tortoiseshells calicos in the states. The kitten in the second photo with the puppy is also a tortoiseshell...like it's mum.

Wait until the rottie puppies are about three times the size of siblings and mum, lol.
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

These kind of stories always amaze me.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Human Beans could sure learn a valuable lesson in compassion and love, huh? How beautiful!

I've been Boooo'd!