Thread: Tail of 2 Kitties

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Tail of 2 Kitties

Pepper is recovering from losing her tail. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127326
    We still haven't found it. This weekend we'll tear the garage apart and hopefully make the gruesome discovery.

Pepper and Willow were sitting in the window this morning watching the birdies. I snapped some photos to share. Willow's beautiful, plush tail and Pepper's sad little stub.

The other kitties don't seem to even notice a difference. Pepper is as fiesty as ever and crabby! Gave her the last of the pain medicine today and the antibiotics continue.

Last edited by kuhio98; 04-06-2008 at 01:32 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Poor baby!!!!
    But that nub is sooo cute!!!! They sure are sweet sitting ther together!!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

This is a really nasty thought but could she have eaten it?

I found a kitten in our local Toys-r-Us parking lot about 20 years ago. I was just hanging out with friends when I heard a tiny meow. I looked across the lot and saw several mini Budwieser bottles but I walked over anyway and there he sat...a tiny little guy with a tail broke in half and a dislocated hip.
    Best I can figure is that he was a gutter kitten but I couldn't find any others.

It was about 2 am and I took him home, put him in a box and watched him through the night until I could get him to the vet in the morning.

The longer he slept, the more I wanted to and I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, the broke end of his tail was nowhere to be found. I freaked because the only possibility was that he ate it. The vet backed that up and said that it became a nuisance to him so he got rid of it. He also said that if it was a new break, it might've still been hurting and he was trying to get rid of the pain.

It was a clean wound and the vet had to remove the rest of his tail. I loved B.S (he was black with brown tints and I named him Black Sabbath, lol) with a passion...he was the first cat I ever had of my own. He was later killed by a pitbull right before my son was born, I was totally devastated.

Anyway, I'm so happy that she made it through. It's a lovely stubby and before long, if/when it grows the hair back, it'll still be lovely and she'll love it just the same.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aw poor Pepper! I've been so busy at work this week that I missed the initial thread about her losing it. Poor baby. She looks so cute, stub and all! I hope she heals well and quickly.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Oh my, dear Pepper, I am just catching up on all your recent news and (mis-)adventures. I am pleased to hear that you did fine at the white coats and are now home and back to studying out the window.

Willow, you are so pretty, keep an eye on your roomie, would ya?

Awww!
    Poor Pepper.
    We hope that shes feeling better and can anvigate as well as ever as the tail provides a lot of balance for Our Cats especially when it comes to jumping.
    Poor Pepper the Found Cats are All sending you Headbumps and Kitty Kisses.
    We hope that you both made the Partee Shuffle to Niagara Falls.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Oh dear, oh dear....The Tribe was very upset when they heard about this! We are so relieved Pepper is doing better and the there are no problems with her surgery.
    What a shock it must have been for you all.
    Head bumps and scritches to the poor girl.
    The Tribe
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Could the vet find out if he ate his tail. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I don't think she ate her tail. There were a lot of bones/vertebrae that would have ended up in the litter box. And her poops have been normal.

GOOD! Whew! *breathes out a sigh of relief*

Pepper, when fur grows on your stump, EVERYONE will be envious of how cute you will look. My (RB) Amanda also mysteriously lost part of her tail, and when it refused to heal, all but a stump was removed. And even though her tail had been a gorgeous, plush "angora" tail, her stump suit her to a "T" (T for tail. LOL) It was adorable, and yours will be too.

Tail of 2 kitties

Oh Pepper, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this awful experience. I hope you feel better now and it doesn't hurt anymore. Sweet Pepper, please know that you're still a very beautiful kitty, and like your wonderful Meowmie, all of your PT fans still think you're very sweet and special. Feel better scritchies and smoochies are being sent just for you!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Pepper you're still adorable and I'm glad to hear that you haven't lost your spunk. Willow sure has turned into a very gorgeous cat. So are Pepper and Willow friends now?

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Pepper you're still adorable and I'm glad to hear that you haven't lost your spunk. Willow sure has turned into a very gorgeous cat. So are Pepper and Willow friends now?
    Unfortunately, Nooooooooooooooooo! Pepper can't stand Willow. Willow doesn't care. Halo tolerates Willow but can't stand Willy. Cammie gets along with everyone -- as long as they don't get in Bobcat's lap because he belongs exclusively to her.

What you can't tell from the photo of Pepper and Willow in the window together is that Pepper is growling for all she's worth. But nothing discourages Willow. The more Pepper reacts, the more Willow is determined to annoy her.

I need to do a photoshoot soon of the two Willawa Monsters. They still roar through the house like a herd of cattle. But, every now and then they slow down long enough to pose.