Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hubby found an injured dog yesterday....

Hubby found an injured dog yesterday....

Hubby was coming back from returning something at the shop up the road when he spotted this poor dog in the pouring rain hardly able to walk, he stopped picked him up and took him home, his back legs were collasping under him, we dried him up , gave him some water and food and put him in our old caravan, along with a feather pillow and duvet cover, my son's old ones we were about to throw out, he was exhausted and slept for hours, he stayed there all night, on checking him this morning he manage to get up, and walk around the section, his back legs are still wobbly and he has been licking his paws which look a little worn, but not too bad, he did his toilet which was great as i was worried he might not beable to go.

We are taking him to the vet, they will look at him free of charge and we have to pay for any meds, which is fair enough, so then i have to find out where he came from, hopefully he is owned, he looks in pretty good condition otherwise, he is a white,black and tan middle sized boy, we named him Jed for now, and he has two big black spots on his rump, after his short walk around the section he has collasped back in the caravan and is snoozing snoring his head off, so cute , he seems very gentle and sweet .

No folks i cannot keep him, i simply cannot afford a dog along with my four cats, which used to be only two, so please pray there is a happy ending for Jed, finding his owners would be the best, i will try and rehome him if i can, but failing that, it might not be such a happy ending, a thought i don't even want to think right now, wish me luck, poor wee soul i think he would have died out there, not sure if he has been clipped by a car, no bleeding anywhere, or fallen off a truck or something, anyhow the vet will have an idea.

I have two nice pics of him, so will get my daughter to put them on the computer for me hopefully and then i will post them, he is very cute.,not sure what he is a bitzer i imagine, maybe some huntaway in him who knows, not up on dogs much, so maybe my pt friends will have some idea,
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Your husband and you & your family are angels. Thank you so much for helping this poor fella. I wonder if he got hit by a car? Please keep us posted. I hope he'll be okay and I can't wait to see pictures.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    I wonder if he got hit by a car?
    I was thinking that too...hopefully it's nothing too serious though! Keep us posted! I'm hoping you find his owners!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

How nice that he not only saw Jed, but rescued him, and the whole family has gotten involved with caring for him. Hopefully there's nothing too badly wrong, and you'll be able to find out where his home is!

Ok just got back from the vets, two vets checked him out, they are fantastic those girls there, so kind and caring and all done for free too, well Jed is about ten years old, they really are not 100 per cent sure what is wrong with him, one side is way more tender than the other, and his paws are pretty worn, so he has been walking quite a bit, they think he probably has arthritis and has walked for ages and that is why he has inflammation, do not seem to think he has been hit by a car, he was so good, although in obvious pain, he did however produce two lovely pees all over the floor, lol, i had not seen him go so was worried about that, well no longer everything functioning in that department, vet examined him internally, said a bit of inflammation but nothing to worry about.

So the plan is to have six days of Rimadyl and see how he goes and then take it from there, my girlfriend and i also went halfs in a bag of special food for mobility for him which the vet suggested would be excellent for him, he is pretty skinny only weighing 18kgs,he is now sleeping peacefully in the caravan, his executive kennel and without further adue here is Jed, isn't he sweet? any ideas what he is, vets were not sure on his breed., he should now be alot happier having some pain relief as well.

I have advertised in the paper and also left details at the SPCA, the cat shelter that helped me out last year with all the cat problems has a dog shelter too, rang her and she said if i have no luck finding his owners or rehoming him to give her a ring and she will see what she can do, so that is hopeful, he was not micro-chipped or had a collar, but we got him one and a lead, so when he is able i can give him a short walk, he is to be rested as much as possible for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Heres another pic of Jed, he certainly has bonded with me already, at the vets i moved out of his sight and he started whining , so cute.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Furangels only lent.

not sure what he is a bitzer i imagine, maybe some huntaway in him who knows
    I dont know what you mean by them
    But by looking at the pictures he looks like a German Shepard mix , I'm thinking but I dont know where he got that white from. Maybe lab ...I'm sure another PT will help

I'm glad you guys saved him
    His dewclaws look like they could do with a trimming though.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Yes the vet trimmed those claws for him, so all good.
    Furangels only lent.

He's handsome! I see some Shepherd in him, some Lab as well. Possibly some Tree Walking Coonhound?

Are you SURE you couldn't afford a doggie?

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am afraid if i took on Jed, i would probably end up living in the caravan as well, no i am at my limit , i took on two extra kitties and that has been a financial struggle but we are just coping, sadly doggies cost a lot more, and i just don't have it, i will endeavour to do the utmost best for him don't worry,so keep those fingers and paws all crossed for a happy outcome, i have advertised him in the paper, online on three sites and left details at the SPCA, will put flyers up around the area as well, so surely someone will recognise him or want him for their own, here's hoping ,just got to think real positive.
    Furangels only lent.

Good vibes going Jed's way, hoping to reunite him with his people!!

Thanks that's what we need some PT Magical power, keep it a coming our way please.
    Furangels only lent.

GREAT NEWS folks I found the dogs owner tonight, he is named Spot and is 14 yrs old , he had rang the SPCA who rang me ,it turns out he lived just around the corner from us and had recently shifted, Spot had been walking at least two days, he has had him since he was a puppy, he belonged to a young Japanese man, who said his wife was pregnant and he was a bit jealous, and unsettled from the shift, i gave him strict instructions on his care and told him to go back to the vets if he did not get better.

He was pretty happy almost cuddled me and my husband, so all in all this is a great ending,i have his phone number so will ring in a few days see if he is better, he said he had a collar and was registered, so maybe he slipped out of it, which is highly possible, poor old guy was trying to come back home, i told him make sure he does not get away again, as he nearly died and would not make it a second time, no wonder his feet were cut up and he was so exhausted, he was an old guy, going a long way, the owner said he did not have a problem normally with his back legs, i do suspect he has arthritis though, from his age etc.

I cannot quite believe it, i have to pinch myself, how lucky is this, he certainly did recognise his owner , he even got up on his wobbly legs for him wagging his tail.
    Furangels only lent.

Aw, way to go! I love hearing happy endings!! I sure hope his owner will make sure it doesn't happen again to this poor old fellar and gets those legs checked out!

Yes well one never knows, sure he said all the right things, but i have my doubts, still one has to have faith, pity he had not been healed properly before he left as i would have made sure he got the best of care,still i guess he has had spot since a puppy for 14 yrs and even though he was a bit on the thin side, he was old and that can happen to some dogs i am told, I told him to make sure his claws were clipped, of course he listened and agreed to do everything i asked, but one can only hope,you can only do so much in the long run.
    Furangels only lent.