Thread: laser surgery

laser surgery

I know I haven't indroducer myself but I have been learning alot by reading everyone elses post. I have a 8 month old female English Springer Spaniel, her name is Lou Lou. We missed our chance to get her spayed before her first heat, she is now finally done. She is scheduled to get spayed the end of September(due to the fact that everyone else here says wait 2 months after there heat cycle is done). Our vet has just started to offer laser sygery for spaying, has anyone her done that and like it better then the regular way? The vet says less recovery time and $80 more. The money isn't an issue, we just want the best for her. We like the idea of a quicker recovery, we have another dog, Chester(lab/retriver mix), two cats, two of our own kids and I do daycare so she has lots to keep up with. Thanks for any help!

Ps. Does anyone else have a high energy Springer Spaniel and what activieties do you do with them to help burn that abundance of springer energy? I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how!

Thanks,
    Heather

We were also offered to do laser surgery for my two. We didn't only because we coulden't afford it. I've heard great things about it. They say they do recover and feel better faster.

I don't have a Springer... but I do have a Cocker Spaniel. He's a pretty high energy pup. I play fetch with him several times a day. I take him for walks, too. You could try biking with your girl. And my poodle, Molli, loves soccer... you could see if Lou Lou likes soccer. Can't wait for pics!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I worry that Lou Lou will not take it easy after surgery. I might need to have them put a cone on her head to keep her from bothering her tummy. I hadn't talked to anyone that has used laser surgery for spaying yet, so it was nice to hear that someone has head good things about it!

As far as energy, we do play fetch with tennis balls several times a day and we go for a 20-30 minute walk almost every night. She also gets to play in our fenced in yard with our other dog most of the day. I brought her to the creek to go swimming last weekend for the first time and she loved it. I just wanted more ideas for her so she doesn't get bored because we all know, a bored puppy is a naughty puppy! I didn't think about soccer, I will have to try that with her too, I am not sure she is ready for me to be on a bike with her yet. She walks pretty good, but there is still great temptaion when a bunny runs in front of us! Chester is the total oppiste of her, he is so laid back and easy going, Lou Lou is a energizer bunny!

I had the laser method used in spaying Maggie in 2004. She did fine with
    the surgery, but had problems with the anesthetic used, but not with the
    operation itself.The surgery site healed up quickly.I would use it again.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you for your response. Everyone I know had their dogs and cats fixed the old way. I am thinking that Lou Lou will do better with the laser surgery because so is so active, she is always on the go.

Laser spay

We had our dog spayed using laser surgery and you would have thought nothing happened to her. It was great. She healed fast and was active as ever. It is worth it. There is less trauma to the tissue and it is fast. Good luck.

Thank you. Lou Lou is so high energy so it looks like we will be doing the laser surgery for her in September.

Could you please let us know how it goes with Lou Lou ? Best of luck
    with the surgery. She should do fine.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I will let everyone know when she has the surgery but it won't be until September! Thanks for the replies!