• I don't trust them

4 8.00%
  • I think they are OK

12 24.00%
  • I love them!

32 64.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you think of pit bulls?

I love pit bulls! Always have and always will! Oh guess what I was attacked by a pit bull when I was younger. It was nasty and I had to have plastic surgery and stitches. Sure some people think I'm crazy for adoring the breed and not seeing them as vicious, but the way I see it, it wasn't the whole breed that attacked me, it wasn't the whole breed that hurt me, and it wasn't the dog's fault. Nope it was mine, I was probably 6 or so, I don't really remember but yes it was my fault. Now I've met and rescued MANY more pits since then and not one of them was vicious. The pit bull that did attack me came from a SEVERLY abusive situation, they used to put bags on his head and beat him with wood. If that isn't sick then I don't know what is. Pit Bulls were bred as family dogs after bull baiting and dog fighting was made illegal, they were bred to keep the wife and children company(or so I've heard) and they are EXCELLENT family pets. I want a pit bull really bad, the only reason we don't have one is because my mom doesn't want anymore dogs to keep, but when I'm older I will sure have a rescue pit! Like I said I adore them and I always will nothing will change my mind on them ever.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

You aren't stupid at all. Im sorry I sounded a bit rude but I was just really heated about what you said in your post.

I love them, and though I would love to own one, I don't really see myself owning one in the future. You never know though!
    Despite growing up with parents that are completely anti-pit bull, I still like them. I've tried to educate my parents that not all will maul you... I've made some progress, but they still don't like them.

I really like pits! They are great, wonderful, loving dogs! I really coulden't handle one I don't think, because I can't handle really dominant dogs. I really love them though!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*