Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request for emotional support

I'll be your biggest cheerleader, Pauline!! I was a cheerleader in high school and think I can pull out a few oldies but goodies! It would be great if you could have a "live" buddy to share your aerobic work with. I think it would be a great motivator! Of course, all of your Pet Talk pals are here to cheer you on every step of the way And it goes without saying that we will be "with you" throughout your surgery and recovery!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

support !!!!

you have my moral support too AmberLee !!!!
    Having surgery is never pleasant ...; but we will get you through it , all the way !!!!

as to loosing weight ; I am also very happy with the WeightWatchers programm !!! Works slowly , but that 's just the good thing about it !!! (and , you have time to part with to-large-clothes .... )

take care AmberLee !!!!

Amber, i really hope your sugery goes all under control
    click-> my wonderful pets!
    featuringPaige, my new angora hamster!

Merlin and I both are tring to lose weight. I have to or the Dr. will put me on insulin shots. We have a grade school a block away. So we walk an hour a day . I also found that if you drink half of your body weight in Ounces in filtered water. it's incentive to get that last 10 lbs. off. Merlin has 15 lbs to go, and I have 30 . we all should keep each other informed of our progress . Pet talk weigh off.

We'll be cheering for you too Amber Lee!!!!

Well be praying for you that you reach your goals and that your surgery goes exceptionally well!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Sasvermont,

I am also an advocate of Weight Watchers. I've been on it since the beginning of February. I've only lost 12 pounds so far, but my cholesterol is WAY down and I'm eating better. It's the easiest diet in the world to follow. My best friend, my daughter and I are all on it. I'd rather take the weight off slowly and keep it off. I tried Jenny Craig and lost 43 pounds but put it back on pretty quickly. Plus the food got boring. On WW you can eat normal food. I feel better and have more energy than I've had in years.

AmberLee,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on your surgery.

Donna

I'll most definately be here for you too! I know almost exactly what you're going through... I had a bloodclot in one of my eyes that rendered me half blind thanks to me being overweight and getting a disease called insulin resistance and I too had to loose weigh and have alot of crap done to my eye. I over-did it alot though, and was just super depressed and stop eating totally which made me loose about 7 kilos a month (thats 15 american pounds), so my advice to you is to do it the healthy way like you are planning!!

Good luck on your surgery and everything else. We'll all be here for ya

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Well, I understand that Pauline was off to a good start yesterday! She is already one day ahead of me, but she has given me the incentive I need to keep up with her today. Honey and Lilly will make sure I get plenty of exercise.

Okay, I'm throwing in with you all. I have 30 lbs to lose as well and it's really getting me down. I keep up with the exercise on a fairly consistant basis and eat right during the day but my down fall is after dinner when I crave something sweet and then I wake up in the night and eat to get back to sleep. I undo everything I've done right during the day by being night feeder. My theory is that although exercise is important for a variety of health reasons, the battle of weight fought primarily in what you eat and what you don't eat. I haven't come to terms with that aspect.

Count me in! I have to lose some weight as well...

Amber Lee! Thought I'd send you this link with lots of good stuff to eat. I better not let you have my recipe on chocolate truffles until x-mas.

Keep us updated on how you're doing, please!

Lots of good recipees

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You gotta have a good reason to drop weight

My feeble minded theory is that if you have a good reason to drop the weight, you will. But it HAS to be a good reason that YOU elect, not someone else.

My reason is that I don't want to put myself at risk for high anything. I have about 20 more pounds to go and have joined Weight Watchers for another 6 months. So, if I am, and I will be, successful, I will have lost 50 in one year. That is about 1 pound per week. This past week I lost 1.6 pounds and I ate lots of food, including some things that one would not consider on a diet. I eat just tons of salads - and every day for lunch, I eat a Lean Cusine or SmartOne, premeasured meal. I think it is the lunch time event that was taking me up in the weight. I also switched to sherbet and gave up ice cream.

I drink lots and lots of water too.

Haven't started the exercise thing quite yet. Thought I would wait for summer time.

If I did not have to weigh in once a week, I don't think I would be sticking with the diet. I highly recommend Weight Watchers.

Good luck everyone. I need some of that conviction too though. I still have 20 more to go!

SAS

Of course....

... you have all my (OUR ) support!!!!!

And I think you wouldn't be the only one who gets support from this site!! I just love how everyone here cares for the others - that's the best support I could ask for! It really makes my day enter PetTalk and meet you all here again!

Surely you can count on us!

Nita

Ok, scorekeeper, Helen and I left the house with Honey and Lilly in tow at 8:30 pm. We walked in at 9:05 pm. We could have gone further, but it was DARK!!!

Originally posted by Logan
    ...left the house ... at 8:30 pm... in at 9:05 pm. ...
    I'm very proud of you, although I do feel a bit like a slave driver. I got one walk in this morning (15 minutes, stupidly carrying Cassy (long story: cat-aerobics is not all it's cracked up to be )) and a short one at lunch and another after work, I hope... Yea, us!!!

I can't say I'm feeling any slimmer yet (sorer, yes). Wolflady and I are going for a walk together at lunch on Friday and will try her gym next week. Whew!!! I don't think I'm up to an aerobics class there, but have asked them to send me a class listing. Her description of the yoga class sounds good!

P.S. re. your questions elsewhere (can't find it now) on the earthquake. Yes, we felt it. I was just logging off the computer when it hit and I figured it wouldn't last very long. Can not believe how long it takes Winodws XP to close! Well, the earthquake lasted just long enough to get me nervous -- I got in a door way and tried to get the fur-babies to join me. Cass hunkered down in his hammock and Livv (in extra- fluffy mode!) scampered under the dining room table. No damage, fortunately. I compared notes with Wolflady who lives a LOT closer to the epicenter: no damage there either except to her nerves (& Marius' and Scooter's nerves too, of course). {{{hugs!}}}

P.P.S. Did the long walk make up to Lilly and Honey for the g-r-o-o-m-e-r visit earlier?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/