Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Chronicles Part 4

Heidi June 29th and 30th

Heidi having a snooze down here last night,eventually she settled down later on beside me on the couch and was snoring and today on her walk, no dogs today,we did see a Gray cat.We got Heidi a new collar yesterday, a red one,she had chewed the last one,one we got yesterday couldn't figure out how to open and returned it,went somewhere else for the one we got.Heidi had her look outside this morning,I said something to her,she looked at me and got down,I did not mention a walk.She was bad down here,she pooped,had her bone snack around 11,was looking at me not long ago,told her too early for supper,now up with Mom ,Mom watching the Blue Jays playing the Angels,now leading 3-0.Warm again today,in the 80's,feeling warmer than that,also a smog advisory in effect.Having Hamburgers for supper,Friday went to Dairy Queen ,had Bacon Cheeseburgers,also had a Smarties Bizzard while Mom had a Crispy Crunch Blizzard.
    Last edited by fritz03; 06-30-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Hi Barry, Mom and Heidi!! Great pictures and stories, Barry. Heidi, you are such a versatile entertainer. Always busy. Never missing a beat. I can't believe you chewed up your collar. Silly girl. You can't go for walks without one.
    Barry, I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. Poor guy just can't win. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Be a good girl, Heidi. Keep Barry and Mom safe. Your job is guarding the house. I'm thrilled you aren't scared of thunderstorms.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Heidi July 1st and 2nd

Heidi having a snooze by the chair late Sunday afternoon and on her walk today.We had Steak and fried potatoes on Canada Day,Heidi does not like the barbecue as soon as she sees it,she starts barking at it and I have to bring her in the house.I thought I had a problem with the camera yesterday,the lense didn't come out when I was trying to take a picture of Heidi on our walk Sunday,if i had the right bill with me they could know I have a warranty, they tried that with just a phone number ,couldn't find it,I figured out the problem,the battery was dead,I had to wait until the light had shut off to charge it,fine now.Heidi saw no dogs on her walks yesterday and today,heard fireworks last night,didn't bother her her.Heidi had her look out the window then on a walk, mom and cleaned a flowerbed after that,Heidi has spent most of the day down here being cool.She had her morning snack,,has had two snacks tonight,had two refills of water,asked for it,sitting now chewing on her bone.Still warm and humid here for most of the week.Elyse,I know there were storms down in the U.S. power is out in the Midwest including parts of Illinois,so if I don't hear from you for awhile,I will know why.
    Last edited by fritz03; 07-03-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Hi, Heidi and Barry! It's nice to be inside and cool on a hot day, and to have a drink of cool water whenever you need one! Cassie is under the love seat (one of her favorite spots) as I am typing this. I'm glad the fireworks didn't bother you! Ours are tonight but I think they've been called off because everything is so dry. Heidi, I love your full tail! You are so cute, as always!

The storm from Sunday just clipped my neighborhood. It rained hard briefly, but we didn't lose our power. I have friends from church who did, though. The storm was stronger north and west of here.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Heidi July 3th-5th

Heiid on her walk Tuesday morning,she saw a Basset Hound on that walk,later on the same day having a cool snooze down in the rec room,on her walk yesterday and the last two on her walk today,saw no dogs Wednesday or Thursday,was a little cooler today,not as humid,more humid tomorrow,95 F feeling like 104.The last two days or so she has asked to go on her walks earlier,at 7 in the morning,she knows it has been warm lately so gets out on the walks before it gets too warm.She has had blitzes around here after being out in the evening,she finally settles down,snoozes beside me and snores,has done that today a lot,right now is chewing on a small kong.

Heidi July 6th

Heidi on her walk around quarter after 7 this morning,it was 70F felt closer to 90F,later on in the morning even worse the temperature reading in Mom's van this afternoon said 95F feeling a way over 100F with humidity,could feel it in the air,didn't do anything outdoors today,no other dogs were out on the walk.Heidi having a cool snooze in the rec room this morning and standing on her back paws looking towards the bar room,we had someone here to look at the laundry tub,water had been backing up,turned out it was a build up of grease,had it been a regular plumber,may have cost over $200,Mom was on some sort of a plan,didn't have to pay.Heidi has been down here most of the day staying ,up the odd time to see mom was out twice,she was sitting out in the hot sun,had to get her in,had her bones this morning,had supper around 2,having a snooze now behind me.Marlene had to take Samantha to the hospital in Haliburton,she had a sliver in her foot from the deck,was still a little pieced in there,they used a freezing needle to get it fast,She cried,afterwards they went for Ice Cream and got it all over her face.

Miss Heidi! I wonder why you decided to stay out in the sun? I'm glad you are back inside where it's cool. We got a definite cool-down yesterday into last night, and it is noticeably cooler today. So I hope the switch in the weather reaches you today. Happy Sunday, cutie!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Heidi July7th and July 8th

First two pictures are of Heidi on her walk Saturday afternoon,near home we saw a lady with a dog across the street so we went over and saw it,it was the lady's Granddaughter's dog,a 1 year old Jack Russell/Poodle Mix,name is Bower after Johnny Bower the former Maple Leafs goalie of the 1960's,she had it out learning to go on walks,got a little jumpy at Heidi not too bad,didn't bother Heidi that much.She had her regular snack last night then another when I was having Corn Chips,settled down,she cuddled right up to on one side of the couch,I moved and she followed me to the other side.She sat with me in the chair this morning and looked out,saw a Boston Terrier being walked,did see a dog today a Newfoundland,wasn't being walked,barked at Heidi,that didn't bother Heidi.She stayed down here when we went to church,Mom went to a 90th birthday celebration for a lady from church so all we had for supper was French Fries,Heidi had her supper around 2.She had her snacks tonight,has chewed on a Kong,no outside,has cooled off,right now is 75F,by the end of next week to feel like 95 Friday and feel like 99 on Saturday.Heidi just came in from outside and had a blitz,not behind me resting,waiting to go to the couch.

Dear Heidi,
    I saw this on Pinterest, and guess who I thought of? YOU! (And ChrisH's Alfie, too )

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Heidi,
    I saw this on Pinterest, and guess who I thought of? YOU! (And ChrisH's Alfie, too )

img http://pinterest.com/offsite/?url=ht...28074646204366 /img
    Hey Elyse, the URL with pic (?) doesn't show for me in your post. I had to reply with quote for this to show. I am wondering if a lot fo this has to do with browser updates. A

Anyone else have difficulties?

I found this on another site.

http://followpics.com/shih-tzu-rules/

Name:  230528074646204366_jTwoJc7C_c.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  44.8 KB
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Heidi July 9th and 10th

First picture of Heidi on her walk Monday,didn't see any pals.Heidi brought up 3 times on Monday,she had been chewing on a small Kong,had chewed pieces off and out it came,didn't want her treat at first Monday morning.As a result of this,I threw the Kong out,she did feel better and had her supper okay and had snacks.She cuddled with me last night and did some snoring.two pictures of her walk today,she saw a Black Pug sitting on a porch with its owner then a little down the street heard some barking and saw Abigail her Shih Tzu pal barking Heidi,probably saying hi.She had her snack okay today,had her supper and had her snack tonight,has had snoozes down here and has snored,is under my chair sleeping,will soon go over to the couch to watch the All Star game from Kansas City.Mom has been out to lunch today with ladies form church and has gone with another tonight to listen to music next to the community hall in Newcastle.

Heidi July11th

Heidi on her walk this morning,she was asking at quarter after 7,said it was too early we eventually went,saw a small dog on the other side of street,it growled so didn't go and see it and almost home saw Gracie the Bichon,she barked at Heidi so didn't stop there,thought Bichon liked other dogs,not this one.I went and did Marlene's hedge and cleaned up the flowerbeds,Heidi was down here,Mom gave her treats,had her out two or three times, didn't do anything then went and peed at the bottom of the stairs,I assumed Mom was not happy with her.heidi was snoozing when I asked her about supper,had that,we had ours an hour later and fried Peameal Bacon.She has had two snacks tonight and water,now over to mom,will be at the couch soon as I go over.Going to feel like 93F tomorrow,99 Friday and over a 100F on the weekend,maybe rain on Saturday,really need it,things are drying up.Heidi now weighs 18 pounds,walk her every day,she does like to eat.maybe the snacks.

Heidi July12th

Heidi on ghr walk this morning,the only dog we saw was Buddy,the German Shepherd who h sensed we were coming s house a way,yesterday it was 2 or three houses away he knew we were coming.This morning before this,Heidi saw a Whippet got by form my chair and she was growling and tail going then saw a neighbor walking by,tail wnet again.She stayed down here when I went to cut grass up the street,mom went shopping with Marlene..I went later with Marlene to Wal Mart in Oshawa with my car,her car has mechanical problems,she had to get a replacement screen for the gazebo at the cottage then back to the Wal mart here to get milk she had forgot earlier.Mom was out again with two ladies to Dairy Queen,Heidi had her supper late,has had 2 snacks tonight and water,looking for crumbs,will soon go over to the couch.Dry still,really warm right up to next Wednesday,not much rain ion the forecast.We are getting a Target store her ,replacing Zellers, it will open in the Winter of 2013,one of over 120 in Canada set to open over various times next year.

Heidi July 13th

Heidi on her walk this morning.Last night after coming in,Heidi had a blitz around the rec room and then up on the couch puffing away.this morning was up in the chair with me,saw a neighbor walk by,just looked ,didn't wag her tail.She finally got down and looked at me,she wanted her walk so off we went,around 5 after 7 when it was cool out.We just go around the block so the only dog we saw was Buddy,the German Shepherd,don't want to go any farther with it hot out,warm and dry into the middle of next week,feeling like close or over 100F.After getting home,ran around upstairs,now down here on her back paws in the air snoozing.
    Last edited by fritz03; 07-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Heidi July 14th

Heidi on her walk this morning.Last night ,she had a couple of snacks,then would look at me and it was like she was talking,probably more treats,told her no she had enough then she went to the end of the couch to lay down and pout,did it a couple of times.She sat with me in the chair this morning and she saw neighbor Diane Ogden go by,just watching her go by,no tail wag then another ,Mrs. Bruce,she was going to work,Heidi's tail went,she has a Shih Tzu,don't see it a whole lot,is in the house most of the time,good time now the way the weather has been,Heidi saw the Boston Terrier and she growled and wagged her tail at the same time.it came time for the walk and during it she saw Mr.Snowden,she was happy to see him,go a belly rub and was still after him after we got going again.She has had her late morning snack,she is snoozing in the chair right,was snoring,not right now.Good day to stay in here,way warm again,feeling in the upper 90's,feeling close to 100F by Monday,cooling off by Wednesday to 82 hopefully with less humidity.Having Dominos Pizza for supper,Heidi will have hers around 2 p.m.