Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: think it could never happen to your dogs ?, think again.....

That is so scary, I'm glad they look to be doing alright so far, I hope everone continues to be ok.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Glad things are going well so far. Lots of good thoughts are heading your way. I can imagine how difficult this is and will be for you until you get good test results.

On the bright side, it was caught good 'n early, & they all seem to being doing ok

I'm so happy all is going so well

Waiting for a progress report, a good one.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I haven't been on the board much lately so I am just catching this. How scary! Last summer I found my dogs eating parts of buns and I couldn't figure out where they came from. Evidently someone was putting them out for the birds and the birds and squirrels were bringing them into the fenced area of the yard. I found that scary because I was afraid someone was trying to poison them. Like you and many others, I have never seen poison like that. I would never have guessed that what it was. You have done a very good thing by making us all aware of it.

Like Karen, I think you should notify the paper and maybe even other media about this potential danger. Not just for other animal sakes but for children's too. It would be too scary to imagine what a child might do if they would find something like that. And especially because the parents wouldn't be aware of what it was either.

I will keep you and your pups in my thoughts and prayers that they get this stuff out of their systems as soon as possible.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Oh Katz and Tom, I'm just finding this thread now. How terrifying! That stuff doesn't look like rat poison at all. It looks like a dog toy or chewie. And it's peanut butter flavored!? What were they thinking!?

I hope your pups are doing better and recovering swiftly.

*HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Well the girls seem to be getting along OK. They really don't like this modified play and walk part though. Sunday will be 2 weeks and that is what the vet said to get to till we could let them get back to regular activities. Because of the bruising and bleeding factor. January 18th, or after for the 2nd blood test, seems so far away. They had a great Christmas and got lots of toys but couldn't rough house like they wanted with them.
    Thanks again everyone who has posted for your prayers and good thoughts, they seem to be working !!
    Tom and Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I'm glad to hear everyone is getting along good, and I hope that soon they are able to run, play and rough house all they want

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh Oh Oh, I kept meaning to PM you and tell you we have Angus's calendar. I gave it to Tom for Christmas and was sooooo excited to show him the day with angus !!!! What a lovely boy he was !!
    Katz

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    I'm glad to hear everyone is getting along good, and I hope that soon they are able to run, play and rough house all they want

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I'm happy to hear your pups are doing well. January 18th must seem years away to you. I'll keep your pups in my thoughts. Thanks for the update!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by tomkatzid
    Oh Oh Oh, I kept meaning to PM you and tell you we have Angus's calendar. I gave it to Tom for Christmas and was sooooo excited to show him the day with angus !!!! What a lovely boy he was !!
    Katz
    Thanks Katz, glad you and Tom will be able to enjoy that day with Angus too

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets