Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: think it could never happen to your dogs ?, think again.....

I missed this last nite - so scary. I know exactly what you are talking about I bought those in mouse version last year when I had a mouse - I have since disposed of all of them and I had them in intricate places that the animals couldn't get too. I will be keeping your crew in my thoughts and prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh no, Tom, Katz.. I'm just now seeing this thread. I have no clue how I missed it. How scary this must be for you both, and for the girls.

You know how much I adore those girls of your's. Please be sure to give them all gentle hugs from me (and one for Kelcee too, of course!) I'm glad they are showing some good signs and thank you so much for warning us all of this nasty poison.

Kay

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh dear. I just saw this. I hope they are doing ok. I hope you informed any people in the neighborhood with pets. Squirrels carry things far sometimes.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

How awful. I do hope the pups recover fully, and quickly!

Thanks for posting this, not only so we can keep the warm thoughts for your pups coming, but, for letting us know about the poison. I would never have known about this!

Get better!

Tuesday 20th Dec.
    Again thank you all for posting and thinking of our girls.

Well all is going OK. The girls are still pooping black (charcoal). Ashlee should get her blood clotting test today. The kit didn't arrive yesterday like they thought it would.

Tom stayed home with them last night and I came home from work early. It's hard to go to work and leave them alone. He will stay with them tonight too.

Yesterday we gave them 1/2 breakfast and then 2 pills each. OH NO, a pill on the floor. Which one hadn't gotten her 2 meds? We called the Dr. and she said it would be ok for the one time if only one pill was missed. But not to give them all another. So today we will have them, one at a time, all alone, no distractions. And make sure the pills stay in the tummy of each of them.

At work one person had heard of this kind of rat bait. Her sister used it on a farm where there were many mice. But I gave her all my info and she will report to the sister. She says she is sure they will stop using it. No one else on any forum I belong to had ever seen this stuff. So please pass the word on.

Thanks Tom and Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    oh, man, how awful. The world can be such a hateful, scary, sickening place. My quote rings true in situations like this...that a human being can have so little care and respect for another creature...it's just embarassing. I'm glad to hear that they are doing all right, though. I'm sorry that this happened to you guys.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

omg! That is so scary. You should have a talk with those neighbors.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

WHOA thats like majorly SCARY! Your pups are in my thoughts and prayers.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I'm sorry to hear that happend, how scary. My thoughts and prayers that all will turn out okay in the end. Best wishes to you all!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

How are the pups doing?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Well nothing new, which is good sign I think. No bleeding, and that is what is the most concerning for the next month. Leash walks only for the first 2 weeks. No rough housing, that’s a tough one. Their blood can be really really thin and a small cut could turn in to a tragedy.

If you can believe it, Ashlee still has NOT gotten her pro-time blood clot test. The kits have not been delivered from the warehouse yet. You can bet I am going to insist they have 3 ready to go on the 18th of Jan, which is the end of their meds, and retesting takes place. That will determine if they need a second round of meds.

so for today all is OK.

Thanks you all so very much for your prayers and good thoughts.

Tom and Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Just go back fromt he vets with Ashlee. She got her blood test and it was 90 sec. just like Nina. So she ate it also. It's a good thing they treated her on Sunday and that she started taking the meds. So retesting on Jan 18th or.

To look at them you wouldn't know anything is wrong. They seem fine. But you can't see thinning blood. So for another week and a half no running on the walks, no rough housing. They are afraid of brusing, a bleed that won't stop or a cut and the bleeding won't stop. Once they have taken the meds for 4 wks their blood should be back to clotting normally, if not then another 4 wks of meds.

Katz

Goodness, how trying this must be for you all. I hope when they retest that their blood is back to normal.
    More prayers for you all.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread like I would have liked. This is so scary, and to be waiting and watching all three of your babies for an entire month has to be nerve wrecking. I will keep you and the girls in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{{Hugs}}}

I'm glad to hear everything is going smoothly, or as smoothly as you can get at this point.
    I don't miss all the worrying thats for sure. It is very draining on your body.

Continued good thoughts are being sent your way.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.