Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: think it could never happen to your dogs ?, think again.....

This is horrible! Thanks for the information. I can imagine that you certainly are scared to death. My thoughts and prayers are coming at you as strong as I can send them. (((((HUGS)))))

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

How horrible!! Lucee vomiting is a good sign. At least the activated charcoal is doing it's job. I had to go through this entire apartment before I brought my cats in, to make sure I picked up all the mouse poison. The idiots on the first floor left crackers and peanut butter out, and the mice had a field day!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I will keep Lucee and Nina and you in my prayers --- and OMG! When we moved into our house I found those things in several places and had NO idea what they were! They had them under the sinks and around the bathrooms.... I think I removed them all over the past year, but I will go check NOW. I sure wish I would have known they were rat poison, I'd have gotten rid of them immediately!

Oh no! I hope your furkids are going to be alright, keep us posted. (((HUGS)))

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I'm sorry to hear about this. You and your girls will be in my thoughts. I also can't believe that they make a peanut flavored rat posion, that seems so risky not just to family pets but to children as well.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thank you everyone for careing.

The emergency vet said to wait for morning, providing everything stays the same. No more food and small amounts of room temp water. So none of the girls will get dinner tonight.

Lucee was laying by the fire in the living room, and probably got to warm and if your feeling sick, being hot doesn't help. Although she, and all the girls, love a fire.

I only have to work Monday Tuesday this week then off till Jan 17th. Wish I had Monday and Tuesday off too. I can't stand to leave them. Tom may call in sick for 2 days and stay with them till I'm off on Wednesday.

They are in 'their' room now and its about 65 there, so all is well for now.
    Thanks again, Tom and Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Oh no! How terrible! They will definetly be in my prayers! Wishing your pups the best! Get well soon,ok?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I'm so sorry to hear this. I live in a condo complex and in our last newsletter it said that since there's been several rat sightings that they're going to be putting out rat poison. Cats are supposed to be indoor only but my neighbor downstairs makes both of her cats stay outside. I sure hope that none of the animals around here eat this poison.

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please continue to keep us updated.

Poor pups, thay will be in my thoughts.

You and the pups are in our thoughts and prayers.

11. Yikes!
    all paws and fingers crossed for them. *huggies*

My best wishes for your babies and a speedy recovery.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

You will all be in our prayers - perhaps as well as posting here on Pet Talk (thank you!), your local paper could do a story - those don't LOOOK like any rat poison I've ever seen, and people need to be educated, especially as they look like children's toys!

Oh my gosh i am sorry to hear about your girls. I will keep them all in my thoughts, and sending good vibes your way {{Hugs}}.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Oh my heart goes out to you. I can relate... just a few months ago Kaige got into rat poison that my work put out. If you need anything at all pm or email me.

Its such a scary experience. I'm glad that you caught it early. I too have never seen poison like that. It looks almost like an odd shaped greenie or the like.

I hope the ruppers have a complete & speedy recovery.

And remember folks its not just the poison alone that can hurt/kill your pets, they can also eat a dead rat/mouse etc.. that died from the poison & get poisoned that way too.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.