I know I've done some bragging in the past about what a great vet I take The Fuzzbuttz to, so I may as well continue on.

I've taken all my pets - past and present - to her for many years. She's an old time "country vet" - small office with none of the big fancy trappings you see so much of now and with a huge patient clientele, very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate, spends lots of time with patients and parents and never tries to rush you out the door, has one day each week when she does house calls, etc, etc, etc - just what all vets should be like.

So when Myndi was in last week and diagnosed with kidney disease, it was now time to put her on Hills Prescription K/D canned food at $2.35 per 13 oz. can. I bought 4 cans at the time to ease her into it, and right now she's at half and half, and tomorrow will be going on 3/4 Hills to 1/4 her old food. It's only available by prescription and not something I can find cheaper on line, so called the vet's office this morning to order a case since she's down to her last can. I drove in to pick it up and was getting my debit card out to pay for it, and she says to me - "no charge" - it was a donation to her from Hills. Now she could just as easily have charged me the regular price per can, but in typical honest fashion for her, she didn't. Just one more reason to love this gal!

I wonder how many vets would do this? Do you think yours would???

Ok - so it's no great $$ amount - but when you're retired and on a very fixed income - every little bit counts. And then take into account that when I left her office, it was off to the garage to leave the car for some work that will lighten my wallet by just short of $1100. Front and rear brakes and rotors, 4 new tires, front end alignment, air filter and oil change. Guess I shouldn't complain too much - it's a 2003 model with 70,000 miles and those were the original brakes, and 2 of the tires were also original equipment. Hmmm - I shouldn't complain - but I am. So much for a vacation again this year!!!