Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to say 'Hi" - I'm new here

Just wanted to say 'Hi" - I'm new here

I found this site searching the web, and thought this would be the perfect place to talk because I understand that bond people have with their pets - mine mean everything to me.

A little about me... I am a college student studying animal behavior and I work at a local pet shop part time. I love it there because I meet a lot of people that share my interest in our companion animals. Orcas are my obsession, I love watching movies and 'Friends' re-runs, and I'm a huge Red Sox & Patriots fan.

These are my critters:
    Shadow & Gus: my part-coon kitties that I adopted three years ago and are now seven years old; very social - they act more like dogs than cats

Draco, Satine, Outback & Damon: my fish (first three are bettas, and the other is a paradise fish); they do have their own personalities and keep me company while I'm working at my desk

Erin: she is my 6 year old mini lop; she loves to chase the cats around, which are twice her size, and, if you ask her, she also owns the couch

Blink: he is my six-month old leopard gecko; I got this little baby boy from a friend who breds them - she gave him to me because he is partially blind from being born premature and knew I could take care of him

Hope to meet many of you and your own critters in the future!
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

Welcome to pet talk! My name is Devon, I am 14 years old. I am owned by a golden retriever named Mackenzie, a Terrier X named Muffin, a pug named Zeus, a pony named Merlin, a rabbit named Freckles, a cockatiel named Baybi (pronounced Baby), and I also have 12 fish- one is a betta, the rest are large fancy goldfish. You'll love it here, it's very addicting!!

Hey there, and a warm Welcome to PT, your pets sound very interesting, and I hope you are able to post pics soon, we just love pics on PT, as you can see I live across the other side of the world in a small country called New Zealand, and my two cats are below in my siggy.

I hope you will find much to enjoy here at PT, it is a fun , interesting and informative place to come, there are some wonderful caring folks here, who are there for everyone in times of need, or just to have a chat or a laugh or two.

So do come on by lots and let us get to know you and your Pets.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Welcome! My name is Megan, I'm 15 years old. For a couple of years I had a deep obsession with orcas as well, they were my favorite animal, I still love them but I'm obsessed with horses now. I am owned by 5 cats *Colin, Max, Poppy, Jenny(foster), and Lily*, 5 dogs*Simon, Hannah, Maggie, Marty, and Alex*, 1 guinea pig*Squishy*, 1 cockatiel bird*Keeley*, and 1 quarter horse*Dot*.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Hi there welcome I have 4 dogs, 1 guinea pig, and 1 cat. I would like to get to know more about your dogs and pics if you can
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Welcome to PT! I also ahve an Orca obsession, my bedroom is FULL of Orca things I'm owned by 3 dogs; Echo a 5 year old Rottweiler, Tango a 2 year old Toller/Border Collie mix and Tia a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund Here is a pic of all 3:

Last edited by Tollers-n-Dobes; 02-20-2005 at 09:22 PM.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Hi and welcoem to PT!!

I would love to see pictures of Shadow and Gus. I have a part coon kitty too. His name is Ripley and he will be 13 in about 10 days. You can see his picture as well as my other 4 cats and dog in my signature below.

If you get a chance come on over to Cat General and tell us more about your kitties. I'm not trying to snub your other pets I just happen to be a crazy cat lady.

From Decker with Love

Welcome Orca...love your name BTW. I'm a whale freak!!!

My name is Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick. I'm one of the older members of the crowd and I live in BC Canada. I am servant to Max the Persian who is 11 and Speckles the Tabby who is 17.

That's quite and interesting family you have and I'm sure looking forward to seeing pictures.

A word of warning....this site can become very addictive. Be prepared.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

hi,Welcome!
    My name is Sam,im 14 years old,and im owned by 3 furkids.Kodie who is 19 months old,is a Lab/Bloodhound/Rotti mix.LucyLou who is 4 months old,is a lab/Springer Spaniel mix.and Bear,my black cat,is 19.
    I LOVE Orcas,i think theyre beautiful

Hey Orca, welcome to PT! My name is Amanda I am 17 years old and live in BC, Canada with 2 cats and 8 rabbits!

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Welcome to Pet Talk.

----<---<--<{(@

WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

welcome!

and Kari says

"im with ya, the couch in my house is MINE"
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Welcome to Pet Talk!

I'm Karen, one of the two moderators, and my pet is Miss Hoppy - she's the little brown bunny you see as my avatar!

G'day Orca and welcome.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole