Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel's story---from poor start to happy home!

Angel's story---from poor start to happy home!

Angel is now a healthy, happy adult cat, 3 1/2 years old, and weighing about 10 pounds:

The way her life started out, it didn't seem very likely that she would even survive, let alone live to adulthood:

Angel was born around the 1st of July, 2001, on a farm near St. Paul, Nebraska. (Her people were the parents of one of my co-workers.) She and her two siblings were found by her people around the middle of August that year, a day after their mother was found, dead, killed by a coyote or something. My co-worker took Angel and her two siblings to her house, and bottle fed them until they were old enough to eat canned food. It was a miracle they even survived.

When we brought Angel home to live with us on August 31, 2001, she was very, very tiny. We had never been around little kittens, so had no idea how tiny she actually was for an 8-week-old kitten. At her first appointment with the Vet. on Sept. 1 that year, she weighed only 8 ounces, and was the size of a 2-week- old kitten. She had worms, so we got some medicine for her for those, and she started growing. (She went through three courses of de-worming medicine before she got rid of them all.)

When we found out for sure that our new little kitty was a girl, we named her "Angel" because of her color, which was almost all white at the time. We also thought the name signified her survival against the odds. And when the 9-11 attacks occurred, her name held even more significance for us. It was a nice relief to be able to come home from work and play with her, and watch her in all of her angelic innocence and curiosity. She helped us tune out all of the evil in this world, if only for a little while, as we played with her and videotaped her in all of her antics. But we soon learned that she doesn't always live up to her name!

We have two dogs, Sandi and Oreo, and we were concerned about how they would adapt to having a little sister, in the form of a kitten, added to our household. We introduced them to each other gradually, putting Angel in her little carrying kennel every evening and placing it down where Sandi and Oreo could sniff and look at her without actually hurting her. We told them they had to be nice to her, and they learned that they wouldn't be allowed to eat her.

The first time Angel actually met Sandi and Oreo in person, she walked right up to Oreo, sniffed noses with him, then reached up and batted his nose with her paw! Then she walked right past Sandi, to their water bowl, and took a drink from it. Sandi just looked at her, and Angel has been the "boss" in our home ever since!

She likes to tease Oreo, especially, by running past him and batting at his nose, or ears, or tail, or feet, etc., etc., etc. She also likes to move Sandi's and Oreo' water bowl across the kitchen floor, away from their food area, and then take a drink out of it.

She loves water, and will come running whenever she hears us drinking water from a water bottle, or running the faucet in the kitchen, or taking a shower. She always jumps up onto the back of the chair and sits and licks my son's hair if he goes and sits in the recliner after taking a shower.

She loves to play fetch, and will often initiate this game by bringing whatever object she wants to fetch over to me, jumping up into my lap, and dropping it in my lap. I'll throw it, and she'll leap out of the chair and go running after it. If it goes into the kitchen, she'll usually slide right on by it because the floor is so slick. Then she'll attack it, and throw it up in the air a few times, and bat it around, and stalk it, etc., etc., etc., until she brings it back to me and we start the game all over again.

The only time she ever hisses and/or growls at anyone is when we take her to the White Coats. Other than that, we wouldn't have even known that she knew how to do that.

I could go on and on and on here about her antics, but I think I'll post this, and then try to figure out how to get more pictures of her posted.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Deb

How do you get more than one picture at a time from Imagestations? I'm not having much luck here!

Deb

I truly enjoyed reading all about your Angel. She sounds like a real character and is a very beautiful cat.

I sent you a PM in regards to posting pictures from you imagestation.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Yea! I think I figured it out!

Deb

YAY!!! Good for you.

If you want the pictures to be bigger, when you are in Imagestation, just click on the picture and it will become bigger and then just follow the same instructions I sent you.

Angel is such a pretty girl. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 02-12-2005 at 10:10 PM.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

More pictures, enlarged!

Deb

Lovely pictures of a very lovely girl. Those baby blue eyes are dreamy.

Great pictures.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

Welcome to Pet Talk. Your Angel is gorgeous, and I loved hearing her story!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Beautiful Angel!! Such a pretty girl... You are lucky to have her and I loved your story about her.. Sounds like a real doll!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Welcome to PT! I enjoyed hearing Angels story and seeing her pictures. She sure is a gorgeous cat.

Another Happy,Little Cat Angel,and Bless You,for having,the patience,to help this Poor Cat,through the crises,that she had ,to go,through,and now,you can reap,the rewards,of a Happy Cat Comopanion.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Nice to meet you and read your wonderful story! I look forward to more pics of your Angel
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Welcome to PT! She sounds like quite the character, and she is GORGEOUS! I love her coloring.

Angel has quite a history!! Her pictures are gorgeous, too I hope you will come back and share more stories and pictues with us!! Warning: addiction