Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another cat bite!!

Another cat bite!!

Just as I was becoming complacent and thinking Ally had gotten over her bad habit of attacking me, she bit me again today

It breaks my heart that my little girl can be so mean - and also makes me feel so sorry for poor Connor, as he is most often at the receiving end of her attacks

I just hope she doesn't bite anyone else - I cover up the injuries she gives me, so my hubby does not get cross with her, but my MIL is here at the moment, and I now have to keep Ally and Granny apart, as my MIL is on Warfrin for blood clots, so the slightest scratch bleeds for hours.

I hope Ally calms down and doesn't bite me again, or anyone else!!

It's very deep, but has finally stopped bleeding - although by tomorrow I will probably not be able to walk on it properly - she tends to damage the tissue quite deeply, and there is usually loads of bruising. She doesn't just bite - it is a savage rip which leaves cuts, instead of just puncture marks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Julie...OUCH!!!!!!! I don't know what to tell you about Ally...I'm at a loss on how to make her stop.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Oh my! Ouchie!!! Ally you naw-tee, naw-tee girl! Please do not bite your meowmie like that!

Julie, I know you know you should go get antibiotics right away - especially with a bite like that.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Ouch!! I remember when Willow scratched me really badly... I probably could have gone in for stitches... I was holding her and the dog came in the room and she was GONE! With her back nail slicing my thumb as she left...

Naw-tee kat! No biting your mommy!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

{{{Julie!}}}

Ally! Don't bite the Meowmy that feeds you... Actually, that should be don't bite the Meowmy!
    Last edited by AmberLee; 08-17-2004 at 01:46 PM.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oh NO Julie!! That looks very deep and painful. I REALLY think I would go to a doctor and get some antibiotics for that. I mean KNOW I would and I HOPE you will please? It looks very deep and very likely to become infected. Can you do this please??
    ((((((Julie)))))))
    I am sure you already know but the first thing it needs is plenty of scrubbing with soap and water and then some ice for the swelling. Then, a doctor.

Oh no! God that looks painful. I'm sure you should have antibiotics for a deep cat bite like that. Is it swelling?

That is awful!!!! Please get a doctor to look at that before it gets terribly infected!!! NAWTEE GIRL Ally!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thanks everyone. I've cleaned it out, and put some antiseptic ointment on it. Now I have ice on it as well, to try and cut down on the swelling and bruising. It's already after 10pm here, so the doctor's visit will have to wait until tomorrow!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh Julie I feel your pain and I have tears in my eyes. That looks horrible and I know it hurts!
    You know what is the hardest part....it's the hurt in the heart. It's such a shock when for no reason you get slammed like that. You think you're a good meowmie and then they treat you that way.
    I know it doesnt' help but Sammy did me that way for years! He would just attack, shred, and disappear! He finally stopped it after he got a little older, thank goodness!
    I never figured out why he did it and I can't imagine what makes Ally do it but you have my sympathies.

Please take care of that bite because we all know I was stubborn too and look where it landed me! A whole afternoon in the ER!

Julie I am so sorry! I have no idea what makes Ally bite you.

I think the most important thing is that you get your tetanus shots up to date. I know that even a small cat slash ( as you can get it when playing) can hurt- and this looks serious.

Ally!!! That's not very sweet, at ALL.

Hmm was the MIL there when it happened? Maybe she is stressed by her presence? Not an excuse for Ally, but maybe to offer some reasoning for her actions.

I'm so sorry, I know you're hurting cause you aren't sure why Ally woul do such a thing.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

That looks painful!! Ouch! Ally, you really need to chill out! I wish I could give some ideas as to why she is so dern agressive. I know sometimes kitties can get too rough and may break skin but this looks really serious. Sigh, some cats are mean, just like some people. Hopefully little Ally will grow out of this meaness. If you don't mind my asking, what was Ally/you doing just before the attack? A look at the situation surrounding it might be helpful.

I hope you heal quickly!

OUCH !!!!

Bad girl Ally!!! You must not do that.

Julie, have you ever mentioned to a vet that she does this? There might be some help in stopping this bad behavior.

If you can get an anticeptic called Betadine it is the BEST !

OUCH!!! That looks SO painful! Nawtee-kat Aly!!! Nawtee, nawtee-kat!! Don't bite your mommy.

I hope this is just a phase she'll get over with.