Thread: Bug bite- what would you do??

Bug bite- what would you do??

Last Thursday I went to the zoo and got bitten by some sort of insect. Within a few minutes my forearm swelled up a couple of inches on either side of the bite. Aside from the slight swelling of my forearm and fingers and a hoarse voice it didn't get any worse so I didn't think much of it. As of today the swelling has gone down for the most part but the redness is spreading up my arm a bit. It is mildly itchy but nothing unbearable...
    Do I need to call my doctor because the redness is moving up my arm?? I have no idea what bit me so I have no clue what a doctor could do for me but I'm just not sure.

The majority of the swelling was between the dotted lines and the bite was right about in the middle of that area. The funny blob that I outlined is where the redness is now.

What would you do??
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I'd go to the doctor and explain you got bit by an unknown insect at the zoo.
    Your reaction is not a typical "bite" and needs medical attention such as antibotic, I would guess.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Definately go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry!

I agree, especially if the redness is moving. If it were my arm, I would go have it checked.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yeah, I'd see a doctor about it if i were you.

They may even want to give you a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the past 10 years.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

If it's a constant and pestering itching, the doctor might want to give you a shot of cortizone. If that's the case, you won't be itching for long.

Definitely go to the doctor before it gets worse. I've made that mistake WAY too many times.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Looks to me like the reaction my ex used to get every time she was bitten by a mosquito.
    Wom

what would *I* do? I would fret about it and avoid the doctor When I had my spider bite, it felt so good to put cold compresses on it and I also took Benedryl. I am thinking you can't take the antihistimine but maybe the cold would feel good? It is also a great idea to outline the swelling with a marker pen like you did so you can see if it gets worse. Fire ant bites cause lots of redness and swelling like that, too. Hope it is not keeping you awake Missy.