Thread: dog books

dog books

was wondering what books people have on dogs either reference books or storys

i have, Dogs a girls best friend, dogs (dogs in photo's), realy old reference books from the 60's and 70's, the under dog, jame's herriot lol dog stories and alot more

but was wondering if anyone had read dogs a girls best friend (bright pink cover with a beautiful black n white x breed on the front)
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I have, ASPCA complete guide to DOGS, All Creatures Great And Small ( its about a veterinarian, seperate stories), The Ultimate Encyclopedia of DOGS, Dog Breeds and Dog Care, and a few others..i cant remember them right now.

I have tooo many dog books-had to build another case in the garage.Got a question I'll try to find the answer! One of my favourites is Dogs by Rein Poortvliet-he's the man who wrote all about gnomes. This book is beautifully illustrated and written like a diary in his own handwriting instead of type.Another one is The Bond with essays by Roger Caras and photos by Shel Secunda. It's all about stars and writers and their dogs, cats and other pets -made a great birthday present!!
    Really liked- Dogs-a girl's best friend-yes I know I read a lot!!My friends think I have every book ever written about Airedales-if there is an Airedale even mentioned in the book-I probably have it!
    Last edited by Airedalekisses; 06-21-2003 at 02:37 PM.
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

The most amazing dog book I've ever read is called 'The Dog Who Spoke WIth Gods' by Diane Jessup. It changed my life.

I think every dog lover should read it.
    ~Kat

I have a couple..one is a kid kind of dog book...with a few pics of the more popular breeds. I also have a sheltie info book and border collie info book...

I'll be looking for "the dog who spoke with gods" cheshirekatt

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget

I'll be looking for "the dog who spoke with gods" cheshirekatt
    Let me know what you think!
    ~Kat

I think anyone who likes this website will enjoy Caroline Knapp's Pack of Two - The Intricate Bond Between People and Dogs

Two other books that are on my favorite list are Dogs and Their Women (thanks to a very special person who gave it to me) a book of photgraphs and heartfelt letters and If Only You Knew How Much I Smell You, the kind of book of photographs and verse that I see KayAnn writing one day.

I too love all the James Herriot books. And for every new dog owner I love to recommend Good Owners, Great Dogs by Brian Kilcommons and Sarah Wilson.
    Last edited by Rachel; 06-21-2003 at 10:41 PM.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France