I've got a question about "bumps" on kitties. Back in September I took Tubby to the vet for his 6 month check up. The vet said he was doing real good and had gained some weight back. I had started to notice this "lump" a little bit back then, but Terry said it was just Tubby's shoulder, or the way he was sitting, so I just kind of ignored it for awhile. But then it seemed to be getting bigger, so this last time I took Tubby to the vet for his bladder infection, I asked her about it, and she said she had noticed it and wasn't worried about it. Said it was probably just a "fat deposit" or something, but it was nothing to worry about.

I thought I'd show you guys what it looks like and get your opinions, or maybe some of you have seen something like this before. It doesn't seem to bother him, and it's soft and mushy - like a "fat deposit" would be. When I rub it, he doesn't do anything or act any different than when I rub his other shoulder, or any other part of him, so I don't think it hurts him at all. I checked a cat's anatomy and there are no organs in this area (they are all under the rib cage) so it's not like it's an inflamed liver or anything like that.

Here are the pictures. If you face the same way he does, it's on his left shoulder.

And another one with him more straightened out.

And in this one you might think that bulge on his side is his belly, but it's really the lump.

So what do you think, should I get a second opinion or do older cats sometimes get "fat deposits." As you know, other than his bladder infection (which is completely cleared up as far as I can tell) the vet said his blood work looked good and his kidneys are working at the same level they were back in Sept. And this lump is big enough that she noticed it before I even said anything about it, so I just thought I'd put it out there to all you kitty experts here at PT.

With this lump, sometimes when he's standing looking at me front on, he looks like a bull dog, so he's now my bull dog kitty.