Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why did I go to PetSmart?

Why oh why did I go to PetSmart?

Because I needed filters for the Fur Posse's fountains, that's why. What I didn't need to do was walk by the adoption center. There were two adult cats there, one Calico and one Tuxie. The Calico looked nothing like my RB Puddy. This one is a big girl and a short hair. But she's a Calico. I adore Calicos. The Tuxie looked a lot like my RB Peeka. I don't know if this one is male or female but it had a sweet, feminine face so I'll say that it was probably female. Anyhow, their little faces are haunting me. There were two orange kittens there, too, but they were sound asleep, secure that they'll be adopted because they're cute little kittens. The adults had that "look" on their faces, that hopeless look as if to say "Yes, walk on by. I know, I'm too old for you". That isn't it at all. If I'd ever take in another cat, it would be an adult, probably a senior. But I just can't take in any more cats. It just isn't in the budget. I wish I would've had more sense than to walk by that adoption center. I can't get their faces out of my mind.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Meh,
    I just wait until they show up at my back door.

I totally understand. I keep FAR away from the cat adoption area. Usually I only go near it when I take Zoee in for grooming, which I haven't done since getting Taggart (almost a year). Since I groom her myself.

IF I ever get another cat (after my loaner cat is gone) I wanted to get an adult. But with the way Paizly is acting with G right now I might not be able to get another cat AT ALL. Of course G torments her too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Been there/done that - feel your pain.

I've done the same thing on a couple of occasions. The last time I fell madly in love with a long haired orange and white that was a special needs cat. He/she had been found as a stray - full of buckshot. The vet got most of it out, but there was still some in one leg and she had a bad limp because of it, and would surely develop arthritis as a result too. This was the sweetest cat - I actually cried when I went out to my car because I couldn't bring her home, and went back several days in a row - just to visit. But I knew she would be okay since she was there from a local rescue group, and they would keep her if nobody took her.

I just don't go to Petsmart anymore since I've stopped taking the dogs to be groomed there. There is another huge pet supply store closer to me, that if I need anything, I just go there now. They don't have an adoption center, so I'm safe.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I feel you pain! I was in PetSmart too, yesterday and had to go look... What did I see? She looked like Giz's sister. Same colors, same long, tall lean body and long fur.. I can't tell you how hard it was to walk away and leave her there.. I just want to CRY!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I have that same feelong when I go by an adoption center, and these Little Faces are staring at you with such longing in thier eyes.

And you can tell the ones who have been there a while as they just lie there sad, while the New Arrivals try and get your attention.
    Hey look me over Mister , Im a Good Cat REALLY!!!

Psst over here , over here.
    And you leave and they sit down, and soon they dont bother to get up.
    Its the so called Guardians who should be in cages , not The Poor Animals.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You and me, too, Mary....

I always see a potential adoptable kitty there and it breaks my heart to leave them. My husband says that our guys wouldn't get along with another cat; yes, I know it's hard getting them acclimated to each other, but when we were first married, we did it all the time!

He brought home Mikey, I rescued Puddy, then we adopted 2 sisters, then the fish store kitty and one night he brought home Buzzy. We had 7 at one time!

Maybe I should remind him of those days..............

There were some small skirmishes, but all in all they lived together peacefully.

I guess I need to put my foot down!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

It breaks my heart to see older cats be passed over. I know exactly how you feel, Mary.

I've been a bucket of tears since losing Mollie Rose and those 2 precious 4 day old babies.

I've got a friend in rescue who has five 8 week old kittens, 3 torties. She's trying to convince me to take one of the torties. Right now I don't think I can take in another cat. And if I did, it would be a senior, definitely a senior.

My nerves are way to raw to think about another mouth to feed. I definitely understand where you're coming from Mary. That's why I don't go to the Humane Society. It's too heartbreaking.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Same story here--even the same reason for visiting Petsmart (fountain filters).

There were quite a few kittens in the adoption area (including a pair of crazy orangies who were engaged in a bout of wrestlemania). But the handsome adult tuxie in the corner cage who never took his eyes off me, that's the one it really hurt to leave behind. Sadly, adopting another wouldn't be the right move financially or otherwise just now.

Mary!! I know exactly how you are feeling!!! Instead, I make a donation OR sponsor a cat. I sponsor Hootz at Tabby's Place....I cannot adopt her, but at least I am helping a bit....

I still shop at PetsMart, but only on certain days. Dog adoption groups
    show their dogs on Saturdays so I hate to go then. I really have been
    tempted, so I don't go then unless it's an emergency. I love seeing the
    kitties too, but I'm responsible for far to many already.

I like to shop at PetsMart to show my support for their helping animal rescue
    groups.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yup, been in the same boat, Mary. I can't look, not at adoption places, not on craiglist, no way no how. It hurts too much, realizing how huge the homeless animal issue is. (sorry, bad grammar)

Yeah that is kinda how I feel, also why I would love to do fostering so much. I would feel like I'm offering room that shelter may not be able to offer. I know how that pull on your heart string when you want to say yes to them but you know you just can't for some reason are another but it hurts that you can't have a win win situation.

I would love to have a kitten, too, besides another senior kitty but given my age, it just isn't a good idea. I'm not ancient by any stretch but my cats have lived a long time (Pidge is now 21 and Boo is 18). I'd be into my 80's if a new kitten lived as long and seeing that I live alone, taking in any more cats, kittens at least, isn't practical. Plus I have relative calm in my home; everyone gets along w/everyone else. If pee wars started, I'd not be happy. However, I know that I will one day take in a senior cat. Just not now. And I'm a failure at fostering. I have 6 "fosters" right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Plus I have relative calm in my home; everyone gets along w/everyone else. If pee wars started, I'd not be happy. However, I know that I will one day take in a senior cat. Just not now. And I'm a failure at fostering.
    That is also one of the main reasons I haven't taken in anymore. Buddy is finally comfortable here and all my cats are content and happy with the pecking order. Besides, if by chance an emergency foster situation should come up (like the two newborns that unfortunately, didn't make it), I'll have the space for "just one more".

Oh yeah, and I've also failed Fostering 101 in the past. As you always told me, ya gotta know when to say, "I'd love to but I can't".

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!