Thread: Kia's first boat ride... :)

Kia's first boat ride... :)

No pictures sadly as this was a total surprise.

Andy and I just got back from taking Kia to Stoney Creek Metro Park. It's nice to take her there because I can actually "swim" with her unlike at the Dog Park. She likes it if I'm in the water with her. I'll wade out to where it's over her head and then squat down and she'll swim to me.

Another guy showed up with a mix and two young Springer Spaniels. We were chatting and watching the dogs play when a park ranger started heading our way on a pontoon boat. We all started to head out of the water figuring we were going to be asked to leave. (Dogs are not allowed on the beach and where we take the dogs is a designated "No Swimming" area.)

The guy waved and introduced himself as Jerry and said that we were fine where we were. The other gentlemen knew Jerry and explained that there is an older Ranger who will go out of his way to harrass him and kick him out if he see's him in the water with his dogs. Jerry told us about another area in the park that is far from the beach and many people take their dogs there to swim.

"Hop on and I'll show you." And so Kia got her first ever boat ride. She really loved it. The guy even had water toys and dog snacks on the boat. Jerry stopped the boat and anchored it when we reached our destination and tossed a water toy which Kia quickly retrieved. She has NEVER done that before! Now Andy and I are going to go get the same water toy and take her back there.

I'm so proud of my baby.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Boat rides are so much fun. Belle loves to go.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

I go on boat rides all the time but Chewy has to stay home because he loves to jump off or out of things likes boats or cars LOL. I bet Kia had the time of her life swimming and rideing on boats. Lucky puppy!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

That's a great ranger you met there! Way to go, Kia! With those pretty blue eyes, we just KNEW you'd like water rides!

So good to hear of the great time Kia had (and you too!) in the water and on the boat. So heartwarming too to read of a nice guy like Jerry the ranger, sort of restores faith in human nature! Heres to more boat trips and fun in and on the water!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to remember that park and maybe take the girls there next year. we are also looking for places to take them swimming!

Oh, sounds like all of you had a wonderful time!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Glad Kia had such a great time. Dixie and Dusty love going for boat rides (especially pontoon boats) but they love going in the water even more!!!

So glad that Kia enjoyed her boat ride! Drake loves riding in the boat. We also have a 2 person kayak and it has an extra seat for a guest, That's Draker's seat He loves the water!

Gee Kimmy,

I'm not sure which is braver, the boat ride or meeting 15 dogs at one time. lol

Kia is such a good girl...I miss seeing her...hint hint!! lol

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by mugsy
    Gee Kimmy,

I'm not sure which is braver, the boat ride or meeting 15 dogs at one time. lol

Kia is such a good girl...I miss seeing her...hint hint!! lol
    I'd say meeting 15 dogs at once. *laughs*

Yes, I miss 15 kisses from 15 furry friends. We must visit again soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes, from witnessing both occasions, I'd definately say Kia meeting the 15 dogs was more frightening for her. She didn't mind the boat ride at all.

I am proud of your pup too, what an adventure!