Thread: A picnic, boat ride and Lyme Disease

A picnic, boat ride and Lyme Disease

My Dad's 85th birthday was June 3rd and to celebrate it we had a picnic for him at a park by the lake. As a surprise my brother in law rented a boat and we all went out for a long ride. We stopped at a little island where my husband got off and went into woods. When he came back he had some little ticks crawling on him which I knocked off. Guess one got on me because now I have Lyme Disease. I never saw the tick but I found the itchy tick bite and then the bullseye rash started and then the flu-like symptoms. I went to the doctor Friday and he said all indications are it's Lyme Disease and he started me on a 14 day course of antibiotics. He said that will cure it. I was thrilled and surprised it can be cured. I always thought you had it for life.

Anyway, here is my Dad feeding the ducks.

One of the two eagle's nests on top of buoys we passed in the boat.

From Decker with Love

I hope you recover quickly Lyme disease can be pretty nasty.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am sorry to hear such a lovely day ended like this. I hope those meds do the trick and that will be the end of the story. TAKE those meds on time faithfully until they are all gone!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If you don't catch it early it is hard to get rid of if not lifelong. I'm so glad you saw the rash and got to a doctor!

You were lucky you got the rash. Not everyone does and, therefore, the disease progresses unnoticed and is mistaken for other things and the outcome is often not good. I am so glad you are going to be OK. My Bella also got Lyme disease and after a regimen on antibiotics she is all better too. I hate ticks!!!

Edit: How rude of me. I forgot to wish your dad a Happy Belated Birthday! Too bad you couldn't get him to turn around and smile.

Yikes! That's scary! I've found ticks on me but so far, no bulls eye. I hope you feel better really soon.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Sorry to hear you got sick, from what I hear Lyme Disease is nasty. Hope you start feeling better.

Great pics! What a nice day..Happy birthday to your dad! Also, in the 2nd pic I think that's an osprey.

As Laura said,"Take those meds on time faithfully until they are all gone!". If you don't it can come back stronger. Brodi is having a recurrence after 3 years & because he's had trouble keeping the meds down he got better the first week & is now worse so we're trying to find a way to help keep the meds down (I just started a thread on that topic).
    I would like to know what your vet gave you as a "life-time" cure. My human brother has had Lyme for 10 years & still has relapses.
    Deer ticks were reason 28 for moving out of Vermont & back to San Diego.
    Hope you feel better.