Thread: The COLLIE PUPS are HERE! -- **UPDATE - post #34** MORE PICS

Hybrid View

The COLLIE PUPS are HERE! -- **UPDATE - post #34** MORE PICS

Kelsey had her babies today!!! What a long day....

The breakdown of the litter is:

1 Smooth Tri-Color Male
    2 Blue Merle Males (I THINK 1 smooth and 1 rough??? but should be able to tell for sure in the next few days)
    2 Rough Tri-Colr Males......
    (tris and sables are easy to tell rough or smooth at birth.. blues are a bit more difficult)...

And... after waiting all day, and HOPING for a beautiful female in the litter, and after 5 males, thinking it just wasn't going to happen....

1 BEAUTIFUL Smooth Tri-Color Female.... who is going to be very spoiled and who is going to have to learn to keep her brothers in line..... but hey, she's a smooth, so she'll be fiesty LOL

Mom and pups are doing wonderful!! I will post pictures of the litter later this evening... but these are the largest, fattest, healthiest looking puppies I've ever had in a litter. I've NEVER had pups this size at birth... they don't even look like newborn pups.... they look like they are about 5-6-7 days old...lol not one runt in the litter.... even the female is basicly the same size as the males....

Sire is CH Apple Valley Shades of Blue, CGC - Ben (smooth blue merle)
    Dam is Spiritwind Ain't An Angel - Kelsey (rough Tri-color)
    Last edited by Spiritwind; 06-11-2008 at 02:44 PM.
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Congratulations to you and Mama! I can't wait to see pictures. I think smooth tris are my favorite color/variety.

Niņo & Eliza

Congradulations, they sound beautiful. Glad mom and pups are doing well. Can't wait to see pictures.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Here are pics I just took of the puppies with their mamma.... she is a wonderful mother!!!... and of course their sire is my 7yr old smooth champion, this is his FIRST litter!! He did the samething to me, that his father did to his breeder.... Ben is from a litter of 7.... 6 boys and 1 girl (and she was also the last born! LOL)

I will try to update pictures weekly.. love to take pics to watch them as they grow and develop!..
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

<squeals with delight> OMGosh!! They are so stunning! I cannot wait to watch them grow!
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

*SQUISH* Send me a rough tri....

*Thanks Ashley*

Ohhhhh, they are so cute! Thanks for keeping me informed and up to date. Zack and I waited anxiously for each report . You know I wish I could sweep in and snatch one up if I could. I am looking forward to more pictures. My Zack is a new Grandpa!!!!! Give Kelsey a nice hug from us. She did a good job.

OH my goodness!! I can't wait to watch these little guys, and girl, grow up. I must admit, I am partial to the blue merles.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    Ohhhhh, they are so cute! Thanks for keeping me informed and up to date. Zack and I waited anxiously for each report . You know I wish I could sweep in and snatch one up if I could. I am looking forward to more pictures. My Zack is a new Grandpa!!!!! Give Kelsey a nice hug from us. She did a good job.
    Thanks Robin!! I will try to keep pics updated weekly!!

TTYL

I've Been BOO'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2 View Post
    *SQUISH* Send me a rough tri....
    LOL you know I can certainly do that... if you REALLY want to!! LOL

I've Been BOO'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritwind View Post
    LOL you know I can certainly do that... if you REALLY want to!! LOL
    Only if you will take Ramone as a trade in...

*Thanks Ashley*

I love the smooth collies....they are always one of my favorite breeds to watch when I watch the dog shows on television. They are beautiful puppies, and yes, I would just watch them 24/7 if I could, too!!!!!