Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? on Petsmart

Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Careful....that's how we got Noel....."just looking!"
    ssh! I don't know if Ralph knows how many 3rd dogs we "almost" had. they only way I able to walk away is to had have Ralphand the girls with me, cause any new dog I would get would have to meet the whole family first

The petsmart in my hometown has pets for adoption on Saturdays and Sundays but they only sell reptiles, fish, birds and rodents in the store.

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    ssh! I don't know if Ralph knows how many 3rd dogs we "almost" had. they only way I able to walk away is to had have Ralph and the girls with me, cause any new dog I would get would have to meet the whole family first
    I spoke too soon...that's also how we got Basil!! That is good the whole family is involved in the decision, that's important.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Disagree

The Petsmart in Ann Arbor sells bunnies, guinea pigs, mice, rats, fish and birds. They do let shelters come in with dogs and kittens also on weekends.

So they aren't as pure as a lilly. The rabbits are often removed from their mom at too early of an age. They do provide an instruction sheet which is good. However this spring our sanctuary was hit with an unusually high number of surrendered bunnies (30 in 6 weeks) as was the local hurmane society, so they are contributing to the homeless bunny problem. It seems to me if they are going to talk the talk, they need to walk the walk.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Hmmm...I'm sorry to hear about the bunny problem. I wonder what happened?? I assume that Petsmart was made aware of the problem....too bad they didn't listen. That's the first blemish I've heard of in their reputation. I'm sorry it had to be at the bunnies expense.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

the same is true for the petsmart in rochester, ny. they expose the cats/kittens/dogs/puppies to the public under the shelters watchfull eye. should someone wish to purchase these animals, they would have to contact the shelter of fill out adaoption papers with the shelter.
    ~ratfully urs, sujei

the petsmart here is the same, Im sure they all are, and I think its great. also petco, do any of you have one of those where you live? heres the link to their website.

http://www.petco.com/
    Faith in God

My husband and I just took our Dane puppy to PetSmart today to get her a few things but I had no idea that they did so much in the communities to help out. That is just great that a store is so dedicated to the animals that they are willing to help like that, and not just working to earn a profit!

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

ssh! I don't know if Ralph knows how many 3rd dogs we "almost" had. they only way I able to walk away is to had have Ralphand the girls with me, cause any new dog I would get would have to meet the whole family first
    WHY does this not surprise me! You and mom really crack me up sometimes!

Hey I don't always almost bring one home...I went to Superpetz yesterday (where I NEVER) go to get a fish filter and Planned Pethood was there. I did really good. I only talked with on foster person. she had the sweetest black lab, but the poor thing was scared of everything. She was beat by her preivous owner and so nervous. If I shifted my weight when was petting her it would startle her. Poor baby!

My daughter adopted a cat from Petsmart in Independence Mo. She lives near there. It was through the local shelter and as many of you have said here in Pet Talk, they bring animals from the shelters and find homes for them. They even have had pet baths for a donation to the animal shelter in my area of Independence Mo. Petsmart cares and do all they can to help animals find homes.
    Mom of three dogs and six cats