Thread: JoJo the hamster R.I.P.

Unhappy JoJo the hamster R.I.P.

Hello...I just wanted to let you posthumously meet my very first Syrian hamster JoJo. He was only 8 months old when he got sick and sadly passed away on the 8th March 2007, despite several visits to the vet.

I always meant to nominate him as 'Pet of the Day' because to me he was the most beautiful little guy..so..so handsome and very special. He loved to sleep at the top of his tubing system, 'his penthouse apartment', despite having a bed downstairs and liked nothing better than to forage for the food & treats that I hid around his cage..every night was a treasure hunt!

It broke my heart when he died and I miss him terribly but I have a lot of happy memories and photos. This one of him is my favourite..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm sorry for your loss. You can post more pictures of him and tell us more stories. It might help you feel better to share your loving stories and memories.
    RIP JoJo
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a happy, adorable little guy. =]
    I'm so sorry you had to lose him so soon. (((hugs)))

And you can still nominate him as POTD, eventhough he has passed on. There has been plenty of times that deceased pets have had the title of POTD.

I"m so sorry about your little hampster. He looked very sweet, no wonder you fell in love with the little guy so fast. Rest in peace little hampster.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

JoJo was a cutie and I know you will miss him. The day will come when you'll be together again at the RB. Until then, know that he's fine and having a dandy time already.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Smile Thank you...

..all for your kind words and caring thoughts. I bought JoJo 12 days before my mum died of a long-term illness. When I saw him in the pet shop it was almost like he asked me to take him home. He put a smile on my face when I needed to smile. He was my little ray of light during a very dark time and for that I will always love him.

I've added some more photos..the first is when he was given his first hazelnut. It was so funny watching him excitedly run about his cage with it in his mouth, looking for somewhere to hid it. The second shows him enjoying his favourite fruit stick while balancing on his swing. The last is his glorious little baby face peeking out of his new home..xx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JoJo nut.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	34789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JoJo nut stick.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	34790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JoJo peek-a-boo.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	34791  

I am very sprry about you mom, and very sorry about JoJo too. I like that name -JoJo- He sure was a cute little hamster! I know how close you can get to these little guys~I use to have one; we had him for 3 years...His name was Munchkin...

Just think about the day when you and JoJo will finally be reunited again. & with your mom as well.

Genny
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*