• Harness

10 31.25%
  • You don't use a leash

4 12.50%
  • Other

6 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you use to walk your dog?

What do you use to walk your dog?

Molli uses a harness and Sam uses his collar.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I walk Finn with a collar. A harnessed Finn would be impossible to walk, it would just allow him to pull harder, more comfortably! David has harnesses for Freckles and Dudley.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

My legs! I voted for collar harness and no leash, it varies with situation. I only use the harness when its at hand, not when I have to search for it.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Frisk uses a harness, because his neck is so big that a collar slides right off^^.
    Ethan uses one of those harnesses that help cut back on pulling.
    Skylar just uses a collar.

I use harnesses on both of them. Ripley backed out of his collar once on a walk and scared me to death. Bella has a tendency to tug at the beginning of our walks because she is so excited, and I couldn't stand to hear her choke herself.

Edit: I used to use a Halti on Bella but she would sometimes try to rub it off if given the chance. She seems to prefer the harness.

On Sadie, I usually use her collar. Sometimes I use her harness, though.
    LOL, Pam! Sadie does the same thing with her gentle leader!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Bella has a tendency to tug at the beginning of our walks because she is so excited, and I couldn't stand to hear her choke herself.
    So does Molli. She chokes herself so much with collars that she hacks for like 15 minutes after her walk.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

We use a collar on Dozer and a harness on the 2 little ones

Collars (normal flat buckle, sometimes I'll put a martingale on Jack if his regular collar isn't handy >.< ) and leashes for them all on normal walks. For bike riding they wear a harness, but thats the only time.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

a prong collar. I really don't understand the harness It just allows them to pull easier. I would use a martingale or a prong collar if I had a dog with a thin head.

Niño & Eliza

Bailey wears his prong and regular collar on walks - that way I can switch between them.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

marintgale collars on all(exepts Ripley, he wears a buckle collar cuz martinagles are to big), Happy is usually off leash though, pretty much the only time I leash her is when she starts to slow down while were bieing, when she slows down she lags behind and since I have to ride on the road, I prefer she be beside me, so I hook up the leash.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Our legs , nah we usually just drive to the park and let them run free. On the rare occasion we do walk on lead i just use flat collars or their flyball harnesses.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Malakai wears a prong collar on walks along with his normal collar..and chloe uses a half check collar

Maggie, Marty, and Roxie all use prong collars. Since I don't walk them together Roxie and Marty share one(I'm going to go buy Marty his own soon). I'm thinking about getting a gentle leader for Maggie though, just to see.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"