View Poll Results: How often do you walk your dog?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • At least twice a day

5 17.24%
  • Once a day

7 24.14%
  • 2-3 times a week

9 31.03%
  • Once a week

0 0%
  • When I get a chance

7 24.14%
  • Never

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you walk your dog?

How often do you walk your dog?

I used to walk Nebo every day but I'll admit I rather suck at this lately. We have a large back yard and he runs like a wild animal in it all the time, but I know its not enough...he needs more walks.

I guess Reggie does too, everyone in my house thinks he looks fat (except me)...but he has some issues with his deformed leg and he always limps after an even short walk (on a leash). Smokey sleeps all day. lol.

Anyway, just a poll to see how often you walk your dog.

p.s. You would think Nebo runs a 10 mile race every day by the way he lays around on his new bed....The Oversized Lap Dog...hehe
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 01-08-2003 at 02:14 AM.

Before I started working, I took Malone EVERY day for a long walk down the nature trail next to our house--it's approximately 1.25 miles one way). However now that I leave in the dark, and come home in the dark it's really hard to get inspired to walk in the woods in pitch black. So now, Malone gets a walk about 2 or 3 times a week with Mark in the morning after I leave, and we play with him for an hour or two in th evening. Running up & downstairs chasing Hedgie, the hedgehog, really wears him out!! And every weekend, we make a real effort not only to take him for a couple of nice long walks, but to also play frisbee and run around the yard for a couple of hours.

Draker goes on a 6 miles run every morning regardless if he is with me or Andrew. Then he gets a 15 minute walk at lunch time, and 1 1hr. walk in the evening. It takes that much for him to get tired!!

I was taking Murph and Oz for an hour walk every night, until
    Murph hurt his knee. He lives to go walking so he can pee
    on every tree or bush or blade of grass we pass. He looked
    so depressed if I took Oz without him. He'd press his lil' nose
    against the window looking at us with a forlorn look. So I only
    take Oz a couple of times a week now and then just play frisbee
    with him the other days. Once Murph's knee is fixed, we'll go
    back to once a day again.

DoggiesAreTheBest, I was exhausted reading your response...LOL!

I usually walk Callihan 4~5 times a week...Mitchell on the other hand is going to be put through obediance training before his walks start.

Usually I take my dogs for a walk once a day. But I've gotten kinda lazy about that. I need to start again. They do walk with me to the mail box everyday which is at the end of my driveway and they have a pretty big yard to play. I try my best to walk some on the weekend and play with them. They love to chase my around specially if it snows.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I used to walk Anna/Rosie all the time.. but now it's limited.. so.. once a week.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

According to Honey and Lilly, NOT OFTEN ENOUGH!!! LOL!!! They love to walk!!!! I do get Honey out at least once per day since she has not been given full run of the yard at this new house due to her frequent escapes.

I walk Dixie and Dusty about 2 to 3 times a week. Actually it is more like walking myself and them running! We walk in the woods behind our house or at the dog park where they can go off leash.

I play frisbee with them a couple times a day for at least 1/2 hour which is what they need to expend their energy! I don't do much other than throw the frisbee and wait for them to bring it back. Anybody out there want to walk me daily? LOL I must admit.... We do better in the summer when it stays lighter longer!

bnormal, it take that much exercise and more to wear him out. He also plays ball daily and swims every day in the summer. On weekends, he runs while we mountain bike for over 10 miles and we go hiking very often. If he doesn't get his exercise, he gets into everything and will keep us up all night. His need for exercise keeps me in shape and motivated

Mornings, I take Leiloo for a 2 hour walk with a neighbor and her lab. Around 2:30 - 3:00 we go to the dog park until 5:00. Before going to bed she gets a half hour to an hour walk depending on how tired we both are. She also goes swimming at least once a day for an hour. I'm an active person and need an active dog. We start flyball tomorrow too

Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
    Draker goes on a 6 miles run every morning regardless if he is with me or Andrew.
    I would die. After about half a mile, I think my heart would just stop
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Depends on the dog & the season...

In the summer I walk or bike every night and generally take two or three trips--so between 5-8 of them get walked. In the winter, we run them in the sled team three times a week and i skijor with those who won't run in the team three times a week.

Now we have so many dogs that their personalities come into play as well...Bandit likes to go with Sleet, Sleet likes to go with Preacher (he won't make her wrestle) Earle can go with anyone, anytime so he probably gets the most walks of anyone. Kayleigh is dog aggressive with dogs she doesn't know, so she goes with Earle or Hoodoo and WAY back in the bush where we won't see anyone. Antare needs a confident dog or he's too scared to walk. I can't catch Delta so unfortunately he never gets walked. I hope that will change soon. Goldie HATES to leave the yard. She will not walk on leash past the end of the driveway, but sometimes goes for runs if I drive down to the trailhead. Silly dog! More than three at a time is pure chaos! It's getting very complicated to walk 14 dogs!! LOL
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

We try to walk Ruby at least once a day, but sometimes we are too exhausted after we get off work (we being my parents and myself). My great-aunt is always home so Ruby gets plenty of play time during the day. She also spends much of her time chasing squirrels and birds in the back yard. She always gets to go one at least 3 walks during the work week, then on weekends we go to the dog park, the beach, etc. etc. etc... Ruby loves the weekends. My boyfriend is quite the runner (just like Ruby) so sometimes he takes her on long runs. She loves that!! Ruby LOVES to run... especially with other dogs. So she gets a lot of running in on the weekends, aside from spending most of her free time chasing backyard intruders during the week.

Okay... I'm babbeling

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Simba normally gets walked when Honey comes over.... I dunno it's fun with two dogs plus he's MUCH more energized when she comes over.... Normally he can hardly go for once around the block by ourselves. See! Simba needs a puppy in his life

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits