Thread: Long time away but need advice!

Question Long time away but need advice!

As you may remember i got a GSD pup, now 1 yr 5mnths.
    Hes enroled in agility (only just started that) and obedience with a top police dog trainer!
    He's got the near perfect temperment that i have ever met in a gsd.
    He visits care homes, gos to cafe's, pub etc with me and is good with children (provided they are calm) else they could be on the floor being licked to death!

Any way during the day when im at work he is kenneled (with rio) with a sign saying beware of the dogs, i share the garden with a couple. they claimed yesterday that she went to pick something up that was near the kennel and my GSD bit her (B*****S).
    she said over the phone not badly but enough to draw blood, so i went down there and she refused to show me the mark, so i phoned a police help line! they were very unhelpfull in giving me advice! in the end she showed me the mark which i think was to fresh to have happened 6 hrs ago. and not GSD teeth size. the way she decribes it to have happened seems imposible! and unlike my dog!
    These people are serial claimers on benifits and are always trying to sue somone and dont work at all.
    I just want to know what action she can take and what could happen,
    remember he was in HIS kennel, he DIDNT get out and bite (more like nip) her she must have put her hand in, its got a sign on the gate.

Any advice would be great

Ky, Rio and bax
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

I would do everything in my power to minimize your liability here. Make sure that the only way that your neighbors can get at the dog are if they make a big, stupid effort (like having to put hands in through fencing, etc.). If you are really worried about a frivolous lawsuit like that, maybe a 'nanny cam' or something would be wise...at least then you could monitor what happens in your yard or near your dog and have evidence to back up the fact that your dog did nothing to your neighbor, and if your dog is totally 2-sided when you're not home, that would be good to know, too.

Good luck with this.

Sounds like you have got a couple of con artists next door. Could be that they are trying to setup their next scam, but there is always the possibilty that she "is" telling the truth. I think that the idea of the video camera is an excellent one. Wow... what a bust it would be to catch her trying to get bit!!!

Might want to hint at the idea that you may already have video surveillance and she may back down. Otherwise, make it near impossible for anyone to come in contact with your dogs while you are away!

Good luck!!!

Yes a camara is a great idea.
    I'm moving out anyway in a couple of months because i cant stand them/sharing with them.
    It is possible he would bite her, he is after all a gaurd breed, and was in his kennel protecting it, but the point i tryed to make to her is that unless you put ur hand in through the kennel he counldnt have bitten her.
    she has told me that she's not taking action (but you never know with thoses types of people), if she did i dont think she has a leg to stand on.
    here is a picture of the vicious beast in question

at the local looking to kill

Ky,
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.