Thread: This Story is Bizarre-WARNING-Extremely Graphic

This Story is Bizarre-WARNING-Extremely Graphic

This story should not be read by anyone that remotely thinks it will disturb them. It is bizarre. I have emailed my local tv station and demanded they remove it from their site. It is accompanied by a video. I encourage those who are interested to email someone and complain about the casual availability of this kind of information. I'm just sick.

This is a news story out of New Zealand.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...bbq/index.html

Karen:
    please remove if you feel it's too graphic. Sorry. I just wanted other pet lovers to be aware of this ridiculous practice.
    Last edited by Daisy and Delilah; 08-18-2009 at 03:00 PM.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

The link you posted goes to the CNN story, not your local station's site. It is a very sad story. To be effective, you should see what advertisers are on your local station's site, and complain to them, and tell them they shouldn't sponsor such horrible stories, or you will not patronize their businesses.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The link you posted goes to the CNN story, not your local station's site. It is a very sad story. To be effective, you should see what advertisers are on your local station's site, and complain to them, and tell them they shouldn't sponsor such horrible stories, or you will not patronize their businesses.
    Great idea, Karen. Thanks. I am not sure how to link my local network but I'll give it a try.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

www.clickorlando.com

This is the site it's on. Of course it's on many others too. This story is the first one listed under "Videos" in the upper right corner.

I will spend some time emailing the advertisers.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

wait a minute.... you wanna boycott someone for sponsoring the news? You gonna email everybody who has a banner ad on websites you don't like too?

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    wait a minute.... you wanna boycott someone for sponsoring the news? You gonna email everybody who has a banner ad on websites you don't like too?
    I am specifically talking about this outrageous story. I'm not referring to every banner on every web site I don't like. As a matter of fact, I don't visit sites I don't like. That has nothing to do with this issue.

This story is readily available, along with a very graphic, sickening video that comes with no warning. The story is preposterous and I don't agree with what has happened. I am merely taking Karen's suggestion to try to stir up some people.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Did this story air on TV, or just the web? A little warning should have been given about the images, but the story is valid. Don't shoot the messenger's sponsors. They probably had no idea what story they were being bundled with.

BTW, most "food" dogs suffer far more than that one did.... and that's before they thankfully die. People eat animals, period. Nearly every creature on this planet has been eaten by somebody at some point. Dogs, horses, guinea pigs, and other "pets" are commonly on the menu somewhere in the world... and they think we're crazy for eating cows and pigs.

Maybe I'm just jaded bacuse I don't come from the Planet Sunshine which is completely covered in rainbows and puppies?

This story is also listed on the top picks in the MSN Messenger 'Today's News' window, although thankfully without any pictures or video.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Did this story air on TV, or just the web? A little warning should have been given about the images, but the story is valid. Don't shoot the messenger's sponsors. They probably had no idea what story they were being bundled with.

BTW, most "food" dogs suffer far more than that one did.... and that's before they thankfully die. People eat animals, period. Nearly every creature on this planet has been eaten by somebody at some point. Dogs, horses, guinea pigs, and other "pets" are commonly on the menu somewhere in the world... and they think we're crazy for eating cows and pigs.

Maybe I'm just jaded bacuse I don't come from the Planet Sunshine which is completely covered in rainbows and puppies?
    I don't watch the news on television very often so I don't know if it was on tv or just on the internet.

You're entitled to your opinion and perception of a story and so is everyone else. Where you might see this as a common practice, I don't necessarily see it like that. I see this story as horrific and presented badly on my local news station web site. This is the point I'm trying to make here.

I am certainly aware of animals being eaten of all types. I'm old enough and educated enough to be fully aware of all this information.

When I started this thread, I wasn't looking for an argument or a lesson in culture/practices of other societies. Just trying to inform my fellow board members of this disturbing story. If you don't see the point of my posting this, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion as I stated earlier.

This is a board composed of thousands of animal lovers. This story struck me as something that was graphic but possibly worthy of highlighting.

I don't live on Planet Sunshine either. As a matter of fact, not even close.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post

When I started this thread, I wasn't looking for an argument or a lesson in culture/practices of other societies. Just trying to inform my fellow board members of this disturbing story.
    And thank you for doing this, Terry. And thank you also titling this thread as you did, as I chose to neither read the story or watch the video.

However, from reading the posts, I now know what the subject is. Terry, you are absolutely right in being upset that a story and video such as this is so easily accessible. Young kids see enough violence in this world, without having issues such as this thrown at them too. And kudos to you for expressing your opinion. I hope you complained loud and long!

The comment about "Planet Sunshine" was so uncalled for. A very insensitive and snide remark IMO.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    And thank you for doing this, Terry. And thank you also titling this thread as you did, as I chose to neither read the story or watch the video.

However, from reading the posts, I now know what the subject is. Terry, you are absolutely right in being upset that a story and video such as this is so easily accessible. Young kids see enough violence in this world, without having issues such as this thrown at them too. And kudos to you for expressing your opinion. I hope you complained loud and long!

The comment about "Planet Sunshine" was so uncalled for. A very insensitive and snide remark IMO.
    Thanks Ellie. My son is the person that brought this to my attention in the first place. In his job, he's required to do alot of research on certain things. He isn't a big pansy baby, or, anything like that, but, this video is sitting there on the top of the vid list with no warning. He wasn't the only person at his job that was disturbed by it either.
    Knowing about my obsession with Pet Talk(), he called me and told me about it.

I was totally unaware that this could happen in such a casual way. I found the whole thing pretty disturbing and hard to swallow.

The "Planet Sunshine" comment obviously came from someone that knows nothing about me, if, in fact, it was directed toward me. Those of you that do know about me, would certainly find that as far from the truth as can be. I found it to be insensitive and snide as well. I think that person took the whole thread differently than I meant it. Being a public board, I expect opinions and have no problem with that. All I ask is to please target the correct point of the post and don't treat me like a moronic idiot.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Was your issue with the story itself.... or the fact that it wasn't properly labeled as graphic?

Was your issue with the story itself.... or the fact that it wasn't properly labeled as graphic?
    My issue is with both. I didn't like the story and perhaps certain people wouldn't have seen the video if it had been labeled as "graphic". Certain people meaning my son and co-workers.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

FYI Planet Sunshine is a happy place. The atmosphere is 90% puppy breath

FYI Planet Sunshine is a happy place. The atmosphere is 90% puppy breath
    I wish I had the directions to PS. I need to go there. If it's that heavy on puppy breath, I'm on my way.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!