Thread: My Peeka *warning: graphic pic*

My Peeka *warning: graphic pic*

It just dawned on me that when I rambled on about my Fur Posse that I didn't include a pic of my late Peeka. The first pic is of her when she first came to me injured. The next pic is of her after the tail amputation and she was completely healed and living up to her name, peeking out at us from the floor vase. Thanx for your indulgence.

Blessings,
    Mary
    P.S. The reason I included the first photo is because an acquaintance had the nerve to suggest that I may have had Peeka's tail amputated to make her look "cuter".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Peeka0001.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	34125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Peeka0002.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	34126  

OH MY GOODNESS! What a cutie pie!!! Peeka is adoreable!!!! Look at those spots on that face, that is so unusual to see!

acquaintance had the nerve to suggest that I may have had Peeka's tail amputated to make her look "cuter
    What NERVE! Were you suppose to leave that on her and let it get infected and kill her? SOME PEOPLE!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yes, her little mustache was so cute that I almost named her Charlie (after Charlie Chaplin) but the name Peeka stuck. I sure miss my little Peeka Pie. When I posted this, Boo crawled up on my lap as if to say "Is that my li'l sis there?" Well, she's sprawled out in the sunshine now at the RB. She used to chase every sunbeam until there was nothing left. She'd move 20 times a day if she had to so as to enjoy the warmth of the sun. Sweet little Peekie...

Blessings,
    Mary

What a cutie. I love that sweet face.

What happened to her tail?

From Decker with Love

What a doll baby! She looks so sweet.

Did that clown who suggested you had Peeka's tail amputated to make her look "cuter" ever see her before the amputation or see that first picture?

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a sweetheart Peeka was! So glad you took her in and had her tail taken care of.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh yes, I can see why her name stuck. What a beautiful baby.

I'm pretty sure she is relaxing in a sunbeam with a few of my RB babies.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Peeka Angel Has Her Tail Back. And Is Enjoying The Fly In Movie In Hawaii With The Pet Angels After A Nice Picnic On Waikiki Beach.
    She Is So Mad That Anyone Would Think That Her Meowmie Had Been Mean To Her, And She Wants Everyone To Know How Much She Loves You.
    And Peeka Will Be Leading The Parade To Greet You At The Rainbow Bridge.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My Peeka

What a beautiful little sweetheart! As far as Peeka's tail, you did the right thing by not letting her suffer needlessly. That stupid comment about doing it to make Peeka cuter is ignorant, insensitive, and just plain rude! I found that comment to be extremely offensive My heart goes out to you, RIP little Peeka... enjoy all that non-stop sunshine at the RB!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Mary - what happened to Peeka that she is at the RB? How old was she?

BEAUTIFUL girl - and that cute 'peeking' face photo, I just love!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Some kids got ahold of Peeka and tried to skin her alive. They managed to get all the fur off her tail except for the tuft at the end plus it was broken. When I took her to my vet, he said he was afraid to amputate because if he cut too close, he could damage her ability to jump or to use the litterbox. But if he didn't, she wouldn't live because she had a raging infection. But she lived to be 14 years old and chased every sunbeam she could til she went to the RB of acute renal failure. She became so rotund that my son started calling her Tubatha. But she was a sweet natured cat in spite of her lousy start in life. And I made sure that she had lots of sunbeams and yummy food and lotsa lotsa love.

Blessings,
    Mary

Oh, and I forgot to mention, after her tail amputation, she LOVED stub rubs.

Blessings,
    Mary

Oh, and I forgot to mention, after her tail amputation, she LOVED stub rubs.
    ROFLMBO!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My Peeka

[QUOTE=Medusa]Some kids got ahold of Peeka and tried to skin her alive. They managed to get all the fur off her tail except for the tuft at the end plus it was broken. [QUOTE]
    Grrrrr Did they catch the creeps who did this horrible thing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

No, unfortunately. They had a reputation for doing this sort of thing and people in the surrounding community "knew" who did it but it couldn't be proven. I've heard more horror stories since then but I won't go into detail here. Too depressing. But black cats in this community are unsafe, esp. during Halloween season. I know that it's that way in a lot of places but not a Halloween goes by that they don't run an article that another black cat was found mutilated, which is even more reason why I was so scared when Boo, who is all black, was missing for a day. And any rescues that I took in that were black stayed w/me well until the Halloween season was over. The very last one I rescued, Chessie, went to my good friend and cat sitter, so I know he's safe and in good hands. It can be a cruel world out there for critters, esp. cats. But we all here at PT and elsewhere do what we can to help. I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't.

Blessings,
    Mary