Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fister is on the edge again

We're going to get him now!!!

Will report back!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Former User Guest
    Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Fister boy! Hopefully you have good news when you come back!

Hurry!!! UP!! Tell us what the vet says...Oh, Mr. Fister, I hope you will be just fine.

The others have posted some excellent options, and the only one I would add (seeing that my cats HATE CD) is the dry food alternative...with low residue- I think it is Eukanuba Adult Intestional Low Residue. My cats love it!

Get Well Soon Fister

Hope all ran smoothly today. Let us know!

All fingers, paws, and tails crossed here for Fister too. Get well soon sweetie!

Awww Fister man!!! Everything will be ok!! We're all here for you! Our Scooter is on a special Science Diet for Urinary tract food prescribed by the vet. He has to be on it for the rest of his life, but since he's been on it...the UTI hasn't come back. Maybe your vet could prescribe something like this too??
    Do let us know what happens
    **hugs**

Fister is semi conscious!

Hi all!

Fister surviewed the vet visit, he's on the bed (with plastic underneath ) - not kicking but tale wagging, we better get our dinner before he takes charge again! - No, not clams OR anchoves - not even olives! LOL!

Will give a full report after dinner! - with pics!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Fister, we are all holding our breath until your report comes in.

Can't wait to hear about our Fister.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

10. Dashed out of my BofD meeting to check on Fister. Glad to hear you are home but on "pins and needles" to hear the details....

Fister - not quite conscious, but getting there

Fister did really well at the vet! No hissing, no complaints!
    When we arrived he got a shot and dozed off. Then he was put on the scales - here's the result:

7.7 kg!

At the vet, he had a cahteter put in again and was flushed through, there were lots of tiny crystals. Amazing how little can cause a blockage! He then had an X-ray which didn't show any big stones in his bladder.

This is his bladder

A urine sample was also taken, but the result is not ready untill tomorrow. It will show whether he has an infection or not.

The big question is what is causing this He has had Hills diet S/D for about 6 months now, but still he blocks up.

The vet said, that if he continues like this, the only real solution will be to operate: This means that he'll have to go through the same ordeal as Boots the Kat!

Can I go home now, please!!

We came to get him 5-6 hours later and when we got home he was put on our bed with blankets all around him. As we had suspected, he wanted to go down on the floor - and down he went! Soft landing!

He has just now managed to crawl to the other side of the bed (underneath) and we expect him to be heading for the kitchen within the next few hours. Tonight, I bet he'll fresh enough to race around - or at least jump up on our bed. But he will be most welcome!!

12. Oh my... 7.7 kg = 17 pounds!

Poor Fister...the indignity of medical care!

Please feel better quickly! No more crystals! Please!

Did the Vet suggest something other than surgery?

What about changing his diet again? Yikes. The operation sounds just dreadful. And the recovering is so yuckie too.

I would really consider trying to change the PH balance more.

Of course he is your special guy - and I know you want the easiest route for poor Fister.

Keep us posted. Fingers crossed, for sure!

(((((((((((((((Fister)))))))))))))))

Oh Fister man! You were so good at the vet's!! What a big boy you are! Little mountain lion!
    You certainly didn't look the happiest to be there, but it's to help you feel better!

That's awful about the crystals building back up so quickly. I know it's miserable for their poor little kitty bodies. I wonder why he has so much trouble. Are some cats bodies just more prone to building up crystals than others?
    Lots of scritchies from me and purrs from my boys are on the way.

Scooter sez: Hang in there Fister buddy. I know it's miserable, but your parents will help you find a solution. Here's to wishing you some happy (pee pee) trails!
    --Scooter =^..^=

Oh, Fister guy!

We are laying in our hammock worried sick about you. It's almost enough to keep us awake. We're crossing our paws for ya, big guy. Hope you are feeling perky real soon.

Cassy >^._.^< and
    Livvy >^._.^<
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/