Thread: strange behavior category

Hybrid View

Dog behavior

I want to thank all of you for the posts. You all know what you are talking about, that's for sure. Here is an update and answers to your questions.
    Dagmar has been checked by her usual vet, as well as two other vets. No medical problems, healthy, but thin, spayed at 3 months old.
    The vets suggested: (1) hand feed, do whatever it takes to make sure she eats, (2) set food down, limit the time she has to eat then pick up the food, and do that three times a day, (3) don't worry about it, she will eat when she needs to. In the past, she has had vitamins, appetite enhancers, enzymes, etc. We exercize her with daily walks as well as play times.
    She has been through obedience training, she is not food oriented so she wasn't interested in the training. She spit out the treats she was given. We worked with her at home and when she graduated she did everything she was asked to do, and did it well. Yes, she is still in the teenage times of her life.
    She has doubled the amounts she is eating this week, still picky but getting better. It is a daily thing but we think it is good. I hope to send pics as soon as I figure out how....Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mavornin