Thread: strange behavior

strange behavior

One of my cats has a strange behavior pattern and I was hoping someone can shed some light for me. One minute, she won't let us touch her. If you try to hold her she pushes and shoves to be let go. If you try to reach for her, even to pet her, she winces and backs up or runs away. She is so scared. But then an hour later, she is the mushiest cat ever - cuddling and purring next to us in bed. We adopted her and her sister when they were 4 months old (she is now a year and a half). She was always the shy one but in the past few months, she has started this "up and down" behavior. Has anyone experienced this?

yes i can relate to this...my cat (Shy) was the runt of the litter and my friend asked me to take her because his kids and other animals were treating her badly...i took Shy in(i have another cat Zippy, at this time),and , well, it took almost 6 years for me to be able to pet Shy on her head....it seems things can only be on her terms...if you think about it...she's smaller, we're bigger, if the cat's in the wrong envoirment...give it time, and love....patience is the key...

It is ALWAYS when THEY want it and on their terms only! (Never when you want it either, sleeping, eating, on the potty......)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Donnie does the same thing. He only likes bellly rubs and ear scratches on his terms. You haven't lived until a cat has been meowing while sitting on the side of the tub and batting at the shower curtain while you're trying to have a shower!!!!!

Rocca,the Oriental Shorthair,does,that all,the time,as she has,to be,the one,that iniates,the petting,and she will run,from you,until she is ready.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

yep cats arent like dogs,you do it to their schudule,they determine when they want pets and cuddling time.