Thread: Change in plans

Change in plans

I took Stripe to the vet to have him fixed, but found out that it will be a more invasive procedure for him. I have never heard of a cat having this problem, but evidently Stripe only has one testicle on the outside, so the vet will have to go inside to correct the problem and neuter him. Poor Stripe I made a switch though and took Monster out - he was so scared! I hated to leave him - Monster does not like leaving home.

Awee poor wittle one.. I hope all goes very well & the wittle one can be home soon.. Yes thats not that uncommon for a wittle boy to have this problem.. Keep us posted ok.. Sending Whisker Huggss & Head Bumps..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I believe krazyaboutcatz' Star had a similar problem: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...highlight=Star
    Tracey can probably give you lots of advice.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Poor Stripe! At least the problem will be "fixed" - no double entendre intended.
    I've Been Frosted

Charlie was the same way.

Good luck with Stripe!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

My first heart kitty, Sugar, was the same way. He lived to be 18..........

PLEASE TELL STRIPE AND MONSTER THAT THE LUCKY FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS ARE BEHIND THEM 115 % IF NOT MORE AND THERE ARE SOMETHING COMING IN AN ENVELOPE FOR THEM, A BIG MOUSIE EACH TO HELP THEM RECUPERTAE AND FEEL BETTER.
    ALL OF US HERE INCLUDING OUR PAWOIE ARE PRAYING AS HARD AS WE CAN FOR OUR FUR BUDDIES!!!

GO STRIPE AND MONSTER , GET WELL SOON!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yes, my Starr also had this problem. It's called cryptorchidism. He ended up being what I'd call spayed and neutered. They had to go in and remove the testicle which hadn't descended yet and he had many stitches from his belly all the way up to his chest. The other testicle had descended so it was very easy to remove. He had to wear an e-collar until his stitches were removed.

Some vets and people would say to try to wait until both testicles have descended but I couldn't because he was becoming very aggressive. I also didn't want him to start spraying which may happen in uneutered males. Good luck.

My Romeo also had this. Or so we thought! He went in, for the 45 minute surgery. Lasted almost 4 hours the vets told me. 3 different vets searched EVERYWHERE for that testicle, but never found it. Turns out, he just was born without one!

His cut was almost, literally, up to his chest. I could NOT believe it! They even told me they cut out something they "thought" MIGHT be the missing testie, but when it was sent to the lab, it was just fatty tissue. Go figure

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties
    My Romeo also had this. Or so we thought! He went in, for the 45 minute surgery. Lasted almost 4 hours the vets told me. 3 different vets searched EVERYWHERE for that testicle, but never found it. Turns out, he just was born without one!
    That is what happened with Charlie, too. He was VERY unhappy with us when it was all done and over!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Sending good vibes for Stripe.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana