Thread: Fabulously Fluffy Tao Tao!

Fabulously Fluffy Tao Tao!

Dearest Tao Tao, what a fabulously fluffy fellow you are! You're an absolutely gorgeous young man, and you look so comfortable and content resting against that wall there. That Persian fur is so thick and colorful and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with those lovely big eyes gazing straight out at me. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us! I wish I could reach through the screen and across the ocean to Israel to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Mom will pet you for me .

And what a story you have to tell! A family friend got a kitten and raised it. Then, as you got older and more active, the man's wife started to object to having a cat in the house. Finally, he wound up calling your dear Mom-to-be, saying "Either you take the cat if you want it or I am throwing it to the street because my wife won't let me keep it any more." How horrible that would have been for him to just abandon you on the street! I am so very glad and grateful that your new Mom did take you, and my deepest thanks to her!

Then there was trouble with you being too aggressive and hurting someone. The vet said this perhaps resulted from trauma suffered when you were with your earlier alleged-family. The vet suggested either castration or euthanasia. And your dear Mom chose castration, and again I am so very glad and grateful to her and I thank her from the bottom of my heart! After a while you started calming down, and now you are a pretty relaxed and happy cat, moody at times but really sweet most of the time. You and your dear Mom and family all love each other very much, don't you. They are so glad (and so am I) that they chose the surgery. Blessings to you all! What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Tao Tao, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Mom and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Terrific Tao Tao!!!

Greetings, Tao Tao in Israel! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a gorgeous Persian boy you are, Tao Tao, looking so chill and relaxed in your photo! And so it surprises and pains me to think that you were once labeled unwanted, facing the unspeakable! Yes, kittens do grow into adults, become more active with time, even sometimes mistaken regarding gender! But for your former family to threaten to throw you onto the mean streets for not meeting their "expectations" is beyond heartless; unforgivable. If one needs to rehome a companion animal, do it with kindness and care!

We are so thankful to your mom, Elinor, for stepping up, welcoming you into her life, for never giving up on you despite your inexplicable aggression; for loving you unconditionally; doing all in her power to help you deal with your mood swings. Who knows what mistreatment you may have suffered at the hand of your former "family." Usually such outbursts of aggression are born out of fear. But it's clear that with Elinor you will be safe and loved, given all the space and time you need to become your best self! And by all accounts you're well on your way to becoming just that; the happy, confident, loving boy we just know you truly are!

Today Tao is a pretty relaxed and happy cat. He has his moods sometimes, but most of the time he is really sweet. We love him, and are glad we chose the surgery.
    We're glad too, Tao Tao!!!

Thanks to your mom, Elinor, for sharing your inspirational, life affirming story with us, Tao Tao! Your story of emotional healing truly is testament to the power of patience and unconditional love!!! We're all rooting for you and your family, sweetheart, hoping for many, many more years of shared love and companionship!

Hope you enjoy your big day of honor, sweetheart, being treated to a day of games and treats, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, healing hugs and kisses to you from across the miles, brave, beautiful Tao Tao, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful Persian Tao Tao!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~