Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outside declawed kitty Splinter breaking my heart... *pics*

Outside declawed kitty Splinter breaking my heart... *pics*

This is Splinter. He is a neighborhood kitty, whose "owner" does not seem to care about him. He is declawed, and gets beat up all the time. He is left out 24/7, 7 days a week. Even in Hurricanes.

I do not know what to do. His owner left for 2 weeks, and he was stuck outside to fend for himself. If I was not feeding him and giving him fresh water, poor fella would have been in pure starvation by time the owner got back from him vacation. What makes it worse is that he KNOWS I love this cat, and would have had NO PROBLEM whasoever watching him. We also have a pet sitter a few houses down, and he knows that.

He is really sweet, and loves on my dogs. He is missing one ear, and one is ripped down the middle. He cant fight back against other kitties, because he is clawless/defenseless.

The last 2 nights, me and hubby agreed to cage him in my spare "no kitty" room at night. I just let him out in the morning. It makes me physically sick to think of what could happen to this poor fella being outdoors, with no real loving home, and no way to defend himself...

There really is no point in this thread, other than me to get this horrible situation off my chest. Here are his pictures....
    ps_ those boxes and newpaper look sloppy, but that is a spare storage room. Sorry

Few more coming.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

OMG. He just breaks my heart. I'm in CA but I'd take him in a minute. He needs an indoor home and NOW How can some people be so heartless? No soul whatsever to let an angel like this suffer? A**holes that will suffer what they inflict on this poor baby. Can you get him to a shelter? Thanks for showing him that he matters.

What a sweetheart. How does he get along with your kitties? I wonder if he would do well in a house with several other kitties...Our RB Annie was declawed and kept outside, when we adopted her. He reminds me of her. His face looks a bit like your Puffy Puff. Thank you so much for helping him.
    Marina

I WOULD POOF HIM, FIND A NICE HOME FOR SPLINTER AND THE CREEP LL HAVE TO THINK THAT SPLINTER HAS MET WITH AN ACCIDENT.
    I HAVE DONE THAT WITH BADLY TREATED CATSBUT YOU HAVE TO BE CAUTIOUS AS YOU DONT WANT THAT JERK CALLING IN THE POLICE.
    WE ARE PRAYING FOR SPLINTER HES TRULY A WONDERFUL CAT AND NEEDS A FURREVER HOME.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm with Gary and make him go poof. He looks like such a sweetheart. I'd call the authorities and and make them aware of the situation. That's animal neglect, pure and simple. You know I'd take him if you could find a way to get him here.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    OMG. He just breaks my heart. I'm in CA but I'd take him in a minute. He needs an indoor home and NOW How can some people be so heartless? No soul whatsever to let an angel like this suffer? A**holes that will suffer what they inflict on this poor baby. Can you get him to a shelter? Thanks for showing him that he matters.

I would definately take him in myself, or take him to a no-kill shelter.
    To leave a declawed cat outside & neglected is the most stupid idea I've
    ever heard of. What a horrible, cruel thing to do.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The situation of this precious cat is making me feel so sick...
    Please rescue Splinter asap... . I am sure he will find a new forever home in no time. I would take him in if I lived closer...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh!!!! That poor little guy. The story and the pictures just break my heart. How cruel to leave him out with no way to defend himself. He looks like a sweetheart too, no attitude.

Thank you for helping him. I hope you can come up with a better situation for him.

Katie - I'm just wondering, where is your cat magnet hidden? You obviously have one with all the rescues you've had to make in your own back yard.

From Decker with Love

Well, I have been trying to find him a home, but noone in my area wants an adult cat. If he was a kitten he would already have a home I am positive.

The only no kill shelter here, is an outdoor enclosure type. And it connects with a barn.. If that is not bad enough, I dont know what is. The AC would put him down.

He was adopted from the shelter by his former "owner". He
    then went and got him declawed, and threw him outside. Smart huh?

I would LOVE to keep him, but with 15 cats, and 2 dogs, it is not an option at this point. I will keep bringing him inside at dark.

He is good with my kitties, and GREAT with my pups. He just wants attention. Everytime I open my front door, he darts in and under my couch so I wont put him back outside. *cringe*

I am just scared to confront his owner.. The guy is in the army, and does NOT seem friendly at all. I would be scared of retaliation OR him hurting the cat because it caused him trouble. The cat is already VERY hand shy with guys... Makes you go Hummmmm.

Thank you all for making me feel like I am not wrong for wanting to "liberate" this kitty.

And Lori, tell me about it. Every single poor/homeless/feral cat within 20 miles ends up at my door. I must be really popular with the outdoor kitties
    I cant turn my back, God punished me with this kinda heart..
    Last edited by kt_luvs_kitties; 09-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Do you have some kind of humane society in your area? Even Animal Control for your city? The so-called "owner" is guilty of animal abuse by any standard and should be arrested (and with luck jailed).

I can see with your 15 cats and 2 dogs you can't keep him permanently, but can you maybe foster him in your spare "no kitty" (except in case of dire emergency such as this, please?) room until we come up with a good place? Or do you have any sympathetic relatives or friends nearby who might be willing to give this fellow an indoor home or even foster him until we can arrange to get him to a permanent home?

PLEASE get him somewhere where he will NOT be left out to go back to that monstrous supposed-owner. If the guy comes looking for him and asking if you've seen Splinter, just tell him no you haven't, and he likely has been captured by a predator for dinner.. after all, without claws he could not either fight back or escape.

Can transport be organized to save Splinter? I will contribute. Several people here have already said they will take him if he can get to them. I volunteer my place too if it should turn out to be the best.

This story breaks my heart too, just to read it. PLEASE, Pet Talkers, let's do something to rescue Splinter.

Pat

He really melts my heart. We would also love to take him in but we are in OH. I am so very worried about him not being able to defend himself. You are absolutely wonderful for helping him- look at the love on his face in the one photo you are petting him. Do you think he needs to go to the vet for anything? We would help. How can people be so cruel, I will never never understand it.
    Marina

STUPID STUPID STUPID people! I can't stand them! Wouldn't you just love to cut off their fingers, put them out and let them fend for themselves?!?!?!

Sorry, can't help it. It's upsetting. Hoping that something can be worked out.

I'll help in whatever way I can too, Katie. Whether that means some $$, or trying to help in a transport, or if he needs a place to stay... poor guy can't be outside like that! Gosh, he's just adorable, and looks like he just wants to be loved. What a jerk his owner is. GRRRR.

Katie, I will help out with transport too! PM the people here who offered to take him.

I mean - if this guy is away and kitty "disappears', no one knows what happened!

He looks like such a mushy love bug, tattered ear and all!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda