Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sad. I lost the diamond off my wedding ring.

I'm so sad. I lost the diamond off my wedding ring.

I am so bummed out right now.
    I was wrapping presents and realized that the heart-shaped diamond on my wedding ring was missing!
    I just spent the last few hours looking everywhere for it and I can't find it.
    The good news is that I lost it at home so it has to be here somewhere.
    Please send me some "Find it" wishes and prayers so I can find it soon.
    I have had it for over 17 years.
    I got it a couple weeks after I got Samantha and like Samantha it has great sentimental value to me.
    If we have to we will buy a whole new ring but it would be a lot easier and less expensive to just get it reset if I could ever find the thing!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Oh gosh! You must be sick! I can't imagine

Wishing & hoping that you find your diamond!!! Hope a kitty doesn't find it before you do!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

That's not very nice at all! Hope you can find it... Think that if you lost it at home, it must be somewhere for sure...
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

I'm so sorry. Hope you find it!

I hope you find your diamond.
    My Aunt's 25th anniversary ring lost a diamond twice and had to
    be replaced 2 times. (she had it for 25 years before the diamond
    fell out the first time.)

The 2nd Jeweler told her she should bring in her diamond ring
    yearly to a jeweler to have them check the prongs.
    My Aunt learned that the hard way.

----<---<--<{(@

That happened to someone at work and it was found! Don't give up hope, a lot of jewlerers will replace it if you got it checked regularly. I think your homeowners may help you out too.

I would turn off the lights and get on the ground with a flashlight, the diamond will catch the light.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh, here's hoping you find it! Have you done any vacuuming? Check the vac contents if so, messy as that'll be ...

And let everyone whose presents you wrapped today know to keep an eye out for it, too!

YIKES! That is like finding a needle in a haystack. But it can be found. Be patient and persistant.

What we say in cases like this is "the house doesn't lose anything". Although it could mean a close analysis of the content of your vacuum or your garbage

One time I thought I had lost my mom's sapphire and diamon ring. It was a very elegant art deco piece and she gave it to me after it didn't fit her anymore. I searched for two days all my apartment (and it was MUCH smaller than the place we're in today) and finally found it lying openly on a magazin where it mixed in the pictures and text.

I wish you that much luck as well!

I wonder if you searched with a light in the dark whether it would reflect better?

I still haven't found it but I'm not giving up yet either.
    I know it is somewhere in my bedroom or closet.
    My husband helped me clean out and organize the bedroom closet yesterday but we didn't find it in there.
    Luckily I had done all my vacuuming in the morning before I lost it.
    I did check the trash can in my bedroom but didn't find it there.
    My husband looked under the bed and in the heater with a flashlight.
    I'm afraid that it may be sealed into one of the presents I wrapped for my kids yesterday.
    At least it is just a Christmas at home for us so the presents won't be leaving the house either.
    My husband even offered a $100 reward to the kids if they find it.
    Christmas may end up being a treasure hunt this year.

KYS, the prongs on the ring always snagged on things but I kept putting off getting it fixed because I didn't want to be without my ring.
    I'm really hoping it will turn up somewhere in the next day or two.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Did you check the shoes in your closet? I lost something n the closet one time and found it only when I pulled out a pair of shoes to wear and found it in the toe of the shoe!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

What a bummer! I'd be down on my hands and knees covering every INCH of that place!!!

I know that sinking feeling when you realize it's not there. I was wearing my late Mother's gold charm bracelet to an annual meeting. It had a charm with my brother's fraternity pin on it. My Mom always used to kid my brother saying, "When you graduate, I want it." (just joking with him) He had it put on a charm for her. It was a heart shaped black onyx with a skull and cross bones on it and encirciled with tiny pearls. It stood for Sigma Phi Epsilon. Anyway, I happened to look down and onyx part was gone! I found it near my chair!! So, I took it off the bracelet, fixed it and put it in a memory box and gave it back to my brother for Christmas. He was speechless because he knew how much my mother loved it.

I hope you find that stone. Shake everything out! Sending good vibes from beautiful Connecticut!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Many wishes coming your way in hopes that you find it!! I hope you dont have to buy a whole new ring!! Good luck!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Oh how awful!!! I hope you find it!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Remembered one more not-obvious place to look! Did you make the bed(s) that morning? Check underneath the mattresses! Lost my whole wedding ring there for a couple weeks once, I had picked up one side to look, but it was on the other side!