Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats are Being Trapped

Cats are Being Trapped

Got another letter from the Homeowner Association saying they're planning to trap all roaming cats where I live. The letter states cats are everywhere!!!! These people have made such a huge mountain out of a mole hill. I'm not so worried since all my cats are kept secure in my house except for Panda Bear. She will bolt to get outside and sometimes makes it. She's my only worry, so looks like I'm going to have to be even more careful to not let her get out. My Condo is up for sale and I'm looking for another place to live. I'm just sick to death of all the cat and pet bashing that goes on where I live

Geez Purrley, it's like Nazi Germany there! What are they doing with the cats they trap? Taking them to shelters? I don't like those people! I'm glad you are looking for a new place and selling your current condo! I hope you find something wonderful and affordable soon. That place just bought themselves A LOT of bad advertising if you ask me! After you move out of course! Until then it's a wonderful place to live (just so you can sell your place quicker!)

Chuck - exactly and believe it or not that very thing has been addressed. Speed limit in the Park is 10-1/2 mph and some people think it's a freeway, rap music blaring, mufflers blaring, etc. Skateboarding is also not allowed. Basketball hoops need to be brought in at night. And yes Jennifert, I could swear I'm not living in America. As far as what they do with the trapped cats, they said they will be delivered to the Animal Shelter and they did stress "they will be delivered alive".

Oh Purrley I hope you can get out of there soon and into a cat friendly, and pet friendly, environment. I am wishing the same too for Leslie after all of the problems she has where she lives, with Graham's accident.

I have heard of homeowners associations that are even more strict. That, you can't have your garage door open except however long it takes you to get what your getting out and it has to be closed right away. Some associations don't allow pets at all. Really odd.

Good luck keeping your kitty in....

Geeeez I hope you get out of there soon!!! that royally sucks!!!

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

ONE MORE THING---IF THE CATS HAVE COLLARS WITH THE OWNERS NAME ---IS IT LEGAL FOR THEM TO TAKE THEM? I WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE UP TO THE ANIMAL CONTROL, WOULDN'T THEY HAVE TO CONTACT THE OWNERS BEFORE TAKING THEM??
    Last edited by toughCookie; 04-23-2002 at 04:44 AM.

I probably don't want to know the answer, but after the b*******s trap them, what happens to them. Do you have a municipal shelter, will folkx whose pets are swept up by the Gestapo have a chance to find them and rescue them?

Originally posted by toughCookie
    ONE MORE THING---IF THE CATS HAVE COLLARS WITH THE OWNERS NAME ---IS IT LEGAL FOR THEM TO TAKE THEM?
    My thoughts exactly TC - the leagalities of that could be very interesting - maybe not kidnapping - but it sure is catnapping (oh sorry!).

But the best of luck on getting a new place Purrley - this place sounds horrendous.

Lynne

I'm still working on moving out of there. Got people coming this evening to look at the place. So far quite a few people have looked at it and who knows, maybe someone will buy it soon. As far as the cat traps go, we've been informed that even if a cat has an ID tag it will go to the shelter, that way the owner will have to post bail to get it out . I've been real diligent on keeping my Panda Bear in. So far she hasn't been able to sneak by me for quite a few days. Wish me luck guys - I'm really trying to move out of there. You know, not one of my neighbors that I've lived by for the past several years has even asked me why I'm selling. I guess they all know.

purrley! It really must be awfull living in those surroundings. I wish you all the luck in the world finding a new place and selling this!! Before someone come to look at the place, bake a bread, it gives such a nice smell - not that I think it's stinking in your house! Hope you'll find petloving surroundings soon!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

As far as the cat traps go, we've been informed that even if a cat has an ID tag it will go to the shelter, that way the owner will have to post bail to get it out
    I can't believe I'm reading this! How stupid can people be? I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to get out of there... FAST

Purrley, I am blessed in my neighborhood. Hardly any of my neighbors have pets anymore, but they understand our need for them. They've all "been there and done that", and have told Helen and me wonderful stories of their previous pets. Most of my neighbors are retired, and travel too much to have them, but they do enjoy ours, even the BAD Butter cat.

I keep on saying a prayer that you will find a buyer soon and be able to go to more peaceful surroundings very soon.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

I'd worry about mom cats & kittens!

Not sure if all the cats are altered or not, but if any have litters of kittens out there not old enough to leave the nest...they're goners! Starvation is the worst way a cat can die! So glad I own a home, and not condo. I couldn't live by the rules.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~